turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I simply do not remember

Started by Sir-diealot, June 17, 2020, 11:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Howdy ya'll, I was hoping you could help me with something, I found these in one of my rooms and can not remember what they are, I know they are something that I bought before my car accident, but I do not recall their purpose other than I think they are jags of some sort and I know they are firearm related because I also found some snap caps in the same old medicine bottle that I found these in. Thanks for any help given, I hate this part of my medication and how it makes me lose my memory of some things.

IMG_1208 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

rakkin6

They do look like some sort of a jag for cleaning a gun. At first I thought the bigger pointed ones might be a plum bob that you would use for leveling. Gonna keep looking for you.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sir-diealot

Quote from: rakkin6 on June 17, 2020, 11:52:54 PM
They do look like some sort of a jag for cleaning a gun. At first I thought the bigger pointed ones might be a plum bob that you would use for leveling. Gonna keep looking for you.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Thank you, I know I had a purpose for them, I just can't remember what it was. I will be heading to bed very shortly, I will check back though. Thanks again.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Old Timer

I have a CVA short starter that came with all them jags for muzzleloader. Stay safe my friend. God bless

ChesterCopperpot

I've never seen jags shaped like that, but them being brass makes me lean that way. Will they screw into a cleaning rod?

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Old Timer on June 18, 2020, 01:11:58 PM
I have a CVA short starter that came with all them jags for muzzleloader. Stay safe my friend. God bless
I wondered about muzzle loaders to be honest, I do not own a CVA though, I have a Knight inline, a Traditions Panther percussion cap and a Navy Arms side slapper.

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on June 18, 2020, 01:44:37 PM
I've never seen jags shaped like that, but them being brass makes me lean that way. Will they screw into a cleaning rod?
I will have to check later, just not in the mood to mess with it right now but I will for sure and get back to you.

John Koenig:

mikejd

Those are for loading muzzleloader. Sometimes they come with the kits. You usually do not need them unless you use specific sabots.

wvmntnhick

They're designed for fitting different types of ML bullets. They'll fit the concave tip of HP bullets. Keeps from deforming the bullet and increasing accuracy, or so they say. I load all of mine the same way though and just pull the trigger. Have yet to see a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: mikejd on June 18, 2020, 03:50:07 PM
Those are for loading muzzleloader. Sometimes they come with the kits. You usually do not need them unless you use specific sabots.
Thank you very much.
Quote from: wvmntnhick on June 18, 2020, 08:03:28 PM
They're designed for fitting different types of ML bullets. They'll fit the concave tip of HP bullets. Keeps from deforming the bullet and increasing accuracy, or so they say. I load all of mine the same way though and just pull the trigger. Have yet to see a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the help, will put them with the muzzle loading equipment.

John Koenig: