turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Longbox comparison

Started by Sir-diealot, June 11, 2020, 07:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I don't remember who asked me to do this in a private message and it looks like I deleted the message so I will post it here. It is a recording of me playing my 3 longboxes, I am NOT very good at all, in fact other than kee kee's, kee kee runs and yelps I think I am pretty close to useless but I said I would do it so here it is.

https://soundcloud.com/user-933394494/comparitive/s-uBfBhvV4jzK
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Ctrize

Im amazed at how good a kee kee on a longbox is. Years ago you would not see a boxx call in an open contest ,now several people use them.

greencop01

You don't sound that bad, those calls would definitely bring in some birds. Thanks for sharing!
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Ctrize on June 13, 2020, 07:04:30 AM
Im amazed at how good a kee kee on a longbox is. Years ago you would not see a boxx call in an open contest ,now several people use them.

They can make a host of sounds proficiently, once you learn them. I have to learn how to cluck, cut and gobble well maybe not gobble but the others for sure. I have tried using all kinds of videos to learn but for the most part I learn better by being shown in person and then intimating what I have seen until I get it right. Sometimes I have to be shown a few times as I can be dense. (ADD/ADHD)

Quote from: greencop01 on June 16, 2020, 12:21:13 PM
You don't sound that bad, those calls would definitely bring in some birds. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you, I would have played better but I was hurting and trying to get things done quickly.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Tom007

Those will bring them in, you are better than you think. Thanks for sharing.......

310 gauge

Steve who were the Makers and what flavors were they?  You had me in your sights on the second one you ran. Thanks!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 310 gauge on June 17, 2020, 04:37:14 PM
Steve who were the Makers and what flavors were they?  You had me in your sights on the second one you ran. Thanks!

Not in order but Marlin Watkins Alaska Yellow Cedar over Service Berry, Russel Beard Brazilian Cherry over Butternut and Ernie Fetters Ipe over Chestnut. I made a point of not saying which was which as to not let a persons preferences get in the way of their ears. :D

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tom007 on June 17, 2020, 06:23:01 AM
Those will bring them in, you are better than you think. Thanks for sharing.......
Thank you.

John Koenig:

Tom007

Your welcome my friend......