North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Old Gobbler 2020 Turkey Hunting Contest results

Started by FullChoke, June 02, 2020, 10:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Gentlemen,

Barring any last minute changes, here are the team standings for the 2020 contest.

1. Crusaders - 579.3825
2. The Roaring 20s - 559.545
3. Spur Collectors - 555.1935
4. The Killer Bs - 537.635
5. Strut Stoppers - 515.195
6. Limbhangers - 498.448
7. Southeastern Assassins - 459.5625
8. Window Makers - 425.899
9. Guns N' Hoses - 360.83

Congratulations go out to Crusaders who continue their impressive winning streak in this contest.

Now on to the brighter news. Our 2nd place finish represents our highest final contest placement and the closest finish (19.8 point difference) for the Top Spot in many years. I extend a huge congratulations to the Roaring 20s2020 team for their perseverance and strength in this year's contest that was marred by the effects of the Corona virus and hindered many travel plans for out of state hunts. Special prayers were poured out for the healing and renewal of our team mate 3seasons, who fought the effects of COVID19 and appears to have overcome it. Also huge thanks go out to our team mates who found themselves on the front lines in the war against this pandemic.

Congratulations to BBR12 who endured the enviable task of having to carry our top scoring gobbler out of the woods this year, a pterodactyl scoring a stunning 71.55 points. This gobbler represents the 2nd highest scoring bird in the over all 2020 OG Contest. Very well done Bradley. A VERY Honorable mention is due to one of newest team mates, yelpaholic, who rid the woods in central Mississippi of three fantastic birds, including an absolute ostrich that scored 70.25.

Every year I stand in awe of the spirit and sportsmanship of the members of this team. Your perseverance, skills and scores show that each year, you gentlemen have really showed up to play by bringing your 'A' game to the spring woods. This team was originally organized to highlight the effectiveness of the 20 gauge for killing turkeys, and you have proved to the community again just how deadly this gauge really is. You have had an important hand in helping change the turkey hunting landscape and I am proud to be associated with you guys.

Let's agree to get the band back together next January and make another run at the top spot in this contest. Let's make 2021 the beginning of the Roaring 20s dynasty! Until then my brothers, Cheers! ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

xarcher

Norm, thanks for all you do as well.  You're the best for sure. 

I'll be back next year.  I know of at least 14 longbeards still upright around the house and I left 2 on the mountain in the ANF last weekend.  Scores to settle for sure. 

To all, stay safe and God bless.   

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

zelmo1

I am still hunting, all i need is a 75.5 point bird  :funnyturkey:

FullChoke

Al,

It could happen in the wink of an eye. Help us Obi-zelmo, you're our only hope!

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

3bailey3

yelpaholic

thanks Norm for all the help especially posting my px..   2nd place is pretty respectable considering the competition . enjoyed keeping up with our rankings all season..

3seasons

Enjoyed it. Appreciate the prayers.  I'm feeling great now. Still Kinda sick that season is over but looking forward to next year. 
Thanks again Norman for all you do and congrats to the team for a pretty good run. That was pretty close. Maybe if nothing else Al can make it a little closer or pull one off in the bottom of the 9th. Never know.

Y'all have a good one and be safe out there people are nuts.

zelmo1

Good vibes guys, lol. One full day left and a couple evening hunts  :fud:

reflexl

Ya'll did a fantastic job! Look forward to battling next year.

zelmo1

Still battling till Saturday bro. All I have to do is shoit the biggest bird ever registered in this contest and we would win, easy peasy  :OGturkeyhead:

harleytom

Enjoyed the season guys and proud of our showing. Thanks to Norman for keeping everything straight for us and to all of you for your encouragement and support. Stay after them Al! Finish us off with a bang! Picked up a new piece of ground for next year and just saw a hen and 3 pretty large poults on it, can't wait for next year. Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBR12

Thanks for having me on the team Norman and crew. I enjoyed it.  Look forward to next year hopefully Zelmo can kill a whopper and before the end of his season.

zelmo1

I didn't bait out any corn, but I may have dropped a dozen boxes of Stove Top Stuffing at my last day hunting spot  :funnyturkey: :OGturkeyhead:

Roost 1

Congrats on a fantastic season. FYI: most of the Crusaders these days use 20ga as well and 3 of our birds including our biggest were killed with bows.  Turkey hunting has came along ways. Looking forward to seeing you guys next year.  Congrats again!!!