News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey book?

Started by LaLongbeard, June 01, 2020, 11:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaLongbeard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

crow

A few years ago I bought a cat fishing book "The Yellow River" by I.P. Daily
it turned out to be about something else

ChesterCopperpot

Well, a spastic colon in the turkey woods sure beats one twenty feet up a tree stand.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on June 02, 2020, 07:53:06 AM
Well, a spastic colon in the turkey woods sure beats one twenty feet up a tree stand.
What's wrong with making an air drop?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

GobbleGitr

Looks like the pic of the one for sale on eBay right now.  I have this booklet, and as a hardcore turkey lit collector I have mixed feelings about it.  There is no value in the content, it is written in a very juvenile way (graphic descriptions of pooping) while turkey hunting.  There may be value in it for collectors because it is obscure and rare with perhaps only 25 printed (as seller on eBay relates).  Not a book for most, but for collectors probably a novelty with some longer term value.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 02, 2020, 11:27:30 AM

If a poo and a man fall out of a tree stand at the exact same time which one hits the ground first?

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on June 02, 2020, 02:24:56 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 02, 2020, 11:27:30 AM

If a poo and a man fall out of a tree stand at the exact same time which one hits the ground first?
I think it depends on rotation and centrifugal force.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Pass the toilet paper .. :TooFunny:

LaLongbeard

Quote from: GobbleGitr on June 02, 2020, 12:40:05 PM
Looks like the pic of the one for sale on eBay right now.  I have this booklet, and as a hardcore turkey lit collector I have mixed feelings about it.  There is no value in the content, it is written in a very juvenile way (graphic descriptions of pooping) while turkey hunting.  There may be value in it for collectors because it is obscure and rare with perhaps only 25 printed (as seller on eBay relates).  Not a book for most, but for collectors probably a novelty with some longer term value.

Yea it is the one from eBay. I keep a search going for turkey books and this showed up. Can't imagine there's anything worth reading. Probably a good reason why they only made 25 of them.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

deerhunt1988

Curiosity got the best of me. It sold for $67.51 + shipping.

1iagobblergetter

I have a decent collection of turkey hunting books,but I think I'll leave that one out of it...

ShootingABN!

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on June 13, 2020, 10:48:42 PM
I have a decent collection of turkey hunting books,but I think I'll leave that one out of it...

Right I'm with you.