OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The numbers are in

Started by Cowboy, May 26, 2020, 09:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy

Well, the harvest numbers for this year in my state show an increase statewide of little over 600 birds.  However, of the 3 counties that we hunted this year, all 3 of my counties dropped in numbers. This is even with the shutdown of jobs due Covid-19. All the State Lands were closed down. So it is what it is.

deerhunt1988

BigSlam51

Ohio down about 2,000 from last year

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Cowboy

Quote from: Cowboy on May 26, 2020, 09:46:42 PM
Well, the harvest numbers for this year in my state show an increase statewide of little over 600 birds.  However, of the 3 counties that we hunted this year, all 3 of my counties dropped in numbers. This is even with the shutdown of jobs due Covid-19. All the State Lands were closed down. So it is what it is.
ILLINOIS

eggshell

Bigslam51, I saw that is true for the south zone. That is about 11% drop, well within normal fluctuations, due to weather and other factors. The north zone is still hunting until 5/31/2020

Dtrkyman

North zone does not hunt till the 31st.

Somewhere around the 12th!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dtrkyman

Harvest being down is not good, many tags sold out that never had up north anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eggshell

GobbleNut

Hmmm,...looks like the confusion may be that a couple of you are talking about two different states.  If not, someone needs to be reading their state's hunting proclamation a little better in the future.  (it took me about five seconds looking at the Ohio regs to see that the season in the northeast area is open until May 31st)...

BigSlam51

Quote from: eggshell on May 27, 2020, 07:30:55 AM
Bigslam51, I saw that is true for the south zone. That is about 11% drop, well within normal fluctuations, due to weather and other factors. The north zone is still hunting until 5/31/2020
Correct

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

redjones

Indiana harvest is up 2500 birds from last year and I saw less Turkeys this year than normal.

Greg
Semper Fi

TRG3

While I'm not sure of the total Illinois kill, I do know that the area which I've only taken one gobbler from in the past was recently purchased by a group that took seven out of there this year, probably making for a very light kill in the future.

Asevans

Yes Indiana kill was up. My worst year hunting gobblers in Indiana also. Never seen a bird. Hardly any gobbling. Not a single person hunting my public land spot. I couldn't believe it. I was there a bunch too. Very disappointed. I'll be at it again next year.

brittman

Wisconsin is up over 10% from 2019, but 2019 was on the low side of the kill.   This years total probably matches the slightly higher population of birds across the state.   Saw plenty of birds especially hens and jakes.  Being a NR I do not get to hunt Season A or B and probably miss the higher tom sightings.

Do not do too much scouting before the season opens in WI.

Dtrkyman

Cowboy started the thread and said he was talking Illinois.