turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Latest Season

Started by zelmo1, May 24, 2020, 06:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

When is your last day? NH is May 31st, Maine us June 6th ????????????

Happy

Season just ended yesterday in Maryland. I was listening to the two gobblers behind my house celebrating today. Sounds like they made it and that made me smile.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

tlh2865

Virginia went out on May 16, I got a long wait till next April for another spring fling

Greg Massey

NCL

Closed on May 3rd but that makes it almost one month closer to 2021 opener

Phattkopp

Closes here usually third Saturday in April. I had SEVERAL trips planned to travel and extend my season that were canceled because of quarantine stuff. But I was able to tag out here and work birds for other folks too, so I can't beef too much!

Phattboy

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

bonasa

NJ ended on Friday and NY we have until the end of the month. NJ has the best management for turkeys one bearded bird per tag per day, pay to play. Great regulations, lists NO roost shooting, and for those against it NO fanning. We got an extension of hunting hours and the last two weeks it's all day hunting. 5 1.5 weeks to go...

Cowboy

I think I read somewhere that Michigan was June 7, 2020? Someone correct me if I misread that.

Dtrkyman

Quote from: Cowboy on May 25, 2020, 02:49:00 PM
I think I read somewhere that Michigan was June 7, 2020? Someone correct me if I misread that.

Yes they do, I believe those tags all sold out, you could have hunted the first week of season and the last on that tag if I remember right.

Marc

California typically runs from the last weekend in March through the first weekend in May...   Season usually begins with Tom's henned up, and ends with very little activity.

This was the first year I can ever remember killing a bird on the last day of the season.....
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: Dtrkyman on May 25, 2020, 03:02:01 PM
Quote from: Cowboy on May 25, 2020, 02:49:00 PM

Yes they do, I believe those tags all sold out, you could have hunted the first week of season and the last on that tag if I remember right.

Michigan season ends on May 31.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

oakraidia

I was supposed to be hunting in Wisconsin the 20th thru the 24th, but three days in I got a call from the wife that the water heater went out, so I only got to hunt 3 days there. Although I was fortunate to fill 1 of my 2 tags on the first day. Now begins the LONG wait until next spring.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk