turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I was sitting in the blind this morning

Started by Sir-diealot, May 24, 2020, 04:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

If season is still on, you're still in the game.  Good luck and I hope the gobbling and shooting picks up for you soon!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Muzzy61

Glad you are able to get out and enjoy your passion. The older I get the more it has become about enjoying and being thankful for another spring day in the woods.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

RutnNStrutn

Always look on the bright side!! Enjoy your time in the woods! Best of luck to you!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Dtrkyman on May 25, 2020, 06:03:11 PM
Glad you are healthy and getting out!

Perspective, I get mad when I don't hear one gobble for one day!
Thanks. Yep, the whole world is about perspective.

Quote from: Tail Feathers on May 25, 2020, 10:28:06 PM
If season is still on, you're still in the game.  Good luck and I hope the gobbling and shooting picks up for you soon!
Thanks, I am looking forward to the rest of the week, last 5 days.

Quote from: Muzzy61 on May 26, 2020, 09:06:03 AM
Glad you are able to get out and enjoy your passion. The older I get the more it has become about enjoying and being thankful for another spring day in the woods.
Thanks. I am 50 now and enjoy it more now or at least understand the enjoyment of it more now than I did when I was in my 20's if that makes any sense.

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on May 26, 2020, 12:13:58 PM
Always look on the bright side!! Enjoy your time in the woods! Best of luck to you!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Gotta look on the bring side, I know I am better off than I was not to long ago. Thanks.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

GobblerReaper

Such true words and for those of us that have been through a tragic event just being out there is everything. But never knock yourself as we are human and the normal feelings of feeling bummed out is normal we are just lucky to be able to remind ourselves of what really matters. Hope you still have time out there and if not may next season bring you many gobblers!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: GobblerReaper on May 27, 2020, 08:03:03 AM
Such true words and for those of us that have been through a tragic event just being out there is everything. But never knock yourself as we are human and the normal feelings of feeling bummed out is normal we are just lucky to be able to remind ourselves of what really matters. Hope you still have time out there and if not may next season bring you many gobblers!
Oh I know it is normal. I had so much fun this morning, NOT. Everything was fine, I was in the blind early, body was being good to me and I was doing a better than normal job at staying still, I had nothing better to do waiting for daylight to come so I started doing some praying for various people and when I had finished I had dropped my right hand down to my right front pocket and I knew I had a problem, no wallet which meant no turkey tag with me which means even if I did call one up I could not shoot it. So I figured fine, I will sit here and try the calls I bought out for the first time this season and maybe get a picture with my cell phone. I am in there and a bee flew in, I am very much allergic to bees so I tried to kill it. I swatted it, got it good and went to step back and the blind sits on a slant and it has been kinda muddy in there all year, down I went, right through a 230 dollar blind, ripped the side right out and looks like I bent one of the hub poles. I saved for 6 months to get that blind at least.

But on the good side I fell to the side where I have a very bad knee and have had 2 shoulder surgeries and did not hurt myself, I also had a very expensive call in my hand when I fell and went through the blind, in the hand that hit the side of the blind, it did not get broken at all. When I hit the blind the gun fell, no faulty safety, scope looks fine other than having some mud on it though I am going to have to go shoot it this afternoon to make sure it did not lose center. Then I decided fine, I am just going to pack up and put up the blind I was going to put up after I was done hunting anyway, start walking out and fall again to that same side in a mud puddle. Again than God I was not hurt, I was able to keep the gun safe and pointed in a safe direction and nothing broken.

Got to the place that I was going to go and put the other blind and of course the hammer is in the blind that I had just fallen through so I had to walk down there and grab the hammer and brought up the shovel I had down there as well. I got the other blind sent up, it looks like it was set up by a disabled person, which techniquly it was. lol Oh the stakes that came with the blind would not go into the blind but I had some other stakes that I use that are much better quality anyway so praise God for that.

On way to GF's house the gas gauge came on, made it home safe. It is only 10:17 whats next?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tail Feathers

You need a nap now and get up and re-start this day!  LOL
Glad you didn't hurt yourself when you fell. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!