OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Contest status  (Read 1735 times)

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
Contest status
« on: May 20, 2020, 12:36:37 PM »
Guys,

We are presently in 5th place with a team score of 503.857. The other teams leading us have all registered 9 birds. We have 8 on the books. Crusaders have a team score of 579.382 which puts them 75.525 points ahead of us. Pretty strong lead, but still beatable. With a bird that scores over 34 points (ie a skinny jake), we can easily move into 2nd place.

We still have 5-6 deadly hunters in the woods. Good birds from those still out will move us up substantially with a good chance at eclipsing Crusaders. I would LOVE to break their winning streak in this contest! We have the finest hunters from this board on this team who can easily drop the 20 gauge hammer on that arrogant playboy that you have run into several times this year. Now is our time to shine in the sun!

Go hard guys. This contest ain't over yet.

Cheers!   :you_rock: 

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
Re: Contest status
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 08:59:04 AM »
Norm,  I haven't even clicked the safety off yet!  :TooFunny:  I DO however have a line on some birds that haven't been hunted in YEARS and  when I got permission, there were 2 strutters following a single hen and at 150 through the binos I could see their hooks.  Let's hope tomorrow morning is a fruitful one! 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Offline xarcher

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 11:27:14 AM »
Been fooling with 2 Gobbler’s for a few days now. They gobble once or twice in the limb, then once on the ground and maybe once every half hour afterwards. And they don’t come to a call.  Played the odds this morning and set up on their most popular escape route but they didn’t cooperate.  They’re beginning to get under my skin. But they roost in a very small area so I’m thinking of deer hunting them this evening.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 01:01:24 PM »
Been fooling with 2 Gobbler’s for a few days now. They gobble once or twice in the limb, then once on the ground and maybe once every half hour afterwards. And they don’t come to a call.  Played the odds this morning and set up on their most popular escape route but they didn’t cooperate.  They’re beginning to get under my skin. But they roost in a very small area so I’m thinking of deer hunting them this evening.

My birds are doing that too, except once they hit the ground they shut right up and dont make a peep the rest of the day.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Offline yelpaholic

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 10:08:06 AM »
No pressure mightyjoe  ????????.. stay after em I personally don’t like strutter decoys but 2 old birds together usually can’t handle a new guy in their territory ..stay after em .

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 03:55:36 PM »
We are in second place, unofficially. I think we still have a chance, just need some upgrades. My bird can definitely be upgraded. I have until June 6th in Maine. Good luck killers, Al

Offline xarcher

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 07:02:55 PM »
I’m in the woods until Saturday.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 03:41:05 PM »
Gentlemen,

A huge congratulations goes out to Zelmo1! With his gobbler, we presently have a team score of 559.545. Today this officially moves us into 2nd place ahead of Spur Collectors score of 555.1395 and behind Crusaders score of 579.3825.

This game is not over yet, my brothers. Things can change quickly and dramatically every day. I urge everyone to enthusiastically cheer on our team mates still in the woods!

Well done everyone.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.