OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

OSCEOLA Type Gobbler Taken In New York.

Started by quavers59, May 19, 2020, 02:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quavers59

Well Tail Feathers- I did upload the pic of this Blackish Gobbler to Huntingny.com.  Go there and then down to New York Hunting-- tap that and then go to - Member Hunting Journals. Tap that and scroll down to-- Bill's Wild Turkey Wanderings. Page 9 is this wet Black Tom.      You are right-- I am a big time Fall Turkey Hunter in 3 States. Breakdown is 50 Longbeards-38 Big Jakes, + 33 Hens=121 Total for Spring + Fall. I have some ( Fall Double) pics there as well as years ago- a hunter could take his 2 Fall Turkey limit on the same day

paboxcall

Quote from: quavers59 on May 20, 2020, 12:52:21 PM
    Well Tail Feathers- I did upload the pic of this Blackish Gobbler to Huntingny.com.  Go there and then down to New York Hunting-- tap that and then go to - Member Hunting Journals. Tap that and scroll down to-- Bill's Wild Turkey Wanderings. Page 9 is this wet Black Tom.      You are right-- I am a big time Fall Turkey Hunter in 3 States. Breakdown is 50 Longbeards-38 Big Jakes, + 33 Hens=121 Total for Spring + Fall. I have some ( Fall Double) pics there as well as years ago- a hunter could take his 2 Fall Turkey limit on the same day

https://huntingny.com/forums/topic/35945-bills-wild-turkey-wanderings/page/9/?tab=comments#comment-895590
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

blake_08

I went to huntingny to look and figured I'd help you out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

quavers59

That's Him. Thanks a Bunch. I am going to take Cynthia on Saturday after his Matching Brother.

Dr Juice

quavers59

Can't wait for Saturday! After, I shot this Tom- within 5 minutes-- 2 other Toms were Gobbling good and Close!!  I had to wait on that Bank for them to leave the area lest, I screw up another hunter who might be set-up. I had to wait 30 minutes for those 2 to walk off-- lol! Then, I left with the Gobbler above.

Beards and Hooks

Nice looking bird and good luck this weekend

Tail Feathers

Thanks for clarifying quavers, I kind of hit on the fall thing as I way typing that response.  We don't have a fall season here so it struck me as odd at first.
That is decidedly a unique tom you took, congrats!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

quavers59

I have Cynthia Lined up to try his Matching Brother Tomorrow on Saturday. There were 2 others solo close + Gobbling after, I killed this Fine Tom. Hoping that we can Double up tomorrow.

Marc

On a duck hunting forum I am on, there is a turkey hunting thread showing someone I know (and others) who shot these unusual dark phase melanistic turkeys that are unusual...

https://www.refugeforums.com/threads/shot-a-weird-one-today.1058922/
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

quavers59

I tried to get my Friend Cynthia on my Gobblers Brother as they are a matching pair. Brought her right to where, I shot my Darkish Gobbler and she did indeed Kill a Longbeard.  Not the Brother- but who cares. She took down an 18lber. Her 1st Spring and she limited out with 2 Longbeard!  Nice area.  Hope there are more OSCEOLA Type Gobblers around that Pond + Swamp next Spring.