News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey chair

Started by jbrown, May 17, 2020, 08:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrown

What's around best method for sitting while Turkey hunting that you
Have tried?? I've got an old Turkey lounger, just looking for a more comfortable, less weight something.

Gooserbat

Imho a turkey lounger is about the most comfortable but it has a draw back of your not being able to maneuver very much side to side. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Big Jeremy

Either a lounger or a hunt comfort fatboy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WAGinVA

The best I have found is the Browning Strutter made by Alps.  Not the lightest but the quietest and longest lasting.  You get what you pay for.

310 gauge

The Browning and the Alps are the same chair. My son and I own 3 of them together. Can sit nicely for hours but they are a touch heavy if you got a long hike in. Still they are our go to.

LaLongbeard

The never ending search for the light weight comfortable turkey chair. I've tried a bunch, the latest is the Alps mountaineering Elite. It's basically a lightweight aluminum framed version of the Gobbler lounger chairs. It's about 4 pounds which is a few less than similar chairs same comfort. Mine came in blue and gray but a can of green paint fixed it up in 5 minutes. It's worked well the last few days keeping me off the rain soaked ground but when I'm looking at a 3-4 mile walk I'm still taking the seat cushion.
    With all that said the last 3 Gobblers I've killed I never sat down ended up kneeling behind a tree after having to move positions couple times. Maybe I should  forget the seats/chairs all together I usually end up asleep when I sit down for to long lol.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

ChiefBubba

Being 60 years old and after 47 years of working life, the lounger is coming with me. Doesn't matter if I'm walking 100 yards or 2 miles. Bubba

TRG3

I learned a few years ago that I have to be able to shoot either right or left handed when sitting in my ground lounger. Several deer and turkeys have found that out the hard way!

bigbird

I have a browning turkey chair. I'm pretty pleased with it. It's comfortable and not too heavy. I had a Walmart one I picked up on clearance for like 5 bucks but it didn't last through the second season.

GobblerReaper

Thise long sits a yurkey chair is priceless. I still have a Mossy Oak Turkey Thug chair that cost me only 5 bucks in WalMart years ago. I wish I had bought a couple more since they don't make them anymore. I would highly recomment a tuekry chair if yu are waiting on a gobbler. Running and guning it could get old carrying it even if it is a light one. Good luck!

Dtrkyman

Look up lafuma low chair, back packing chairs under two pounds and inexpensive!

Bought a tan one and sprayed it olive drab!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squidd

Browning chair is so comfortable it can even let you take a quick nap, I mean stay alert in comfort :z-twocents:

Tom007

X2, love the Browning chair...

Gobbler428

I've been been using the Browning chair for four seasons now and really like it.  If you know you may be sitting for a while it is definitely worth the extra weight to carry it and your backside will thank you for bringing it along. It makes it much easier to sit still when your comfortable and your backside and legs don't go to sleep by themselves - (usually, with me, it's the whole body that goes to sleep). The only issue I've had with mine was during the second season of use, the foam rubber padding on the arm rest started to split on the lower end. I repaired it with several wraps of black electrical tape and it's been good to go ever since! Highly recommend!

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: ChiefBubba on May 18, 2020, 08:07:28 AM
Being 60 years old and after 47 years of working life, the lounger is coming with me. Doesn't matter if I'm walking 100 yards or 2 miles. Bubba
LOL!! Right on Bubba!!!
I mainly hunt in Dixie, which means that running and gunning doesn't work very well, and we do a lot of sitting and waiting. After 34 years in the fire department, I need a comfortable chair or my back makes me fidget. I almost always take my lounger with me. If a gobbler does catch me off guard, I just sit on the ground against a tree and leave the lounger laying beside me. That, and hope he comes in quickly.

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.