Buying calls

Started by MattM, May 16, 2020, 01:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyTurk

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 17, 2020, 11:28:17 AM
Quote from: jgard on May 17, 2020, 11:07:24 AM
This place will not help trying to stop the purchase habit
AMEN... you are so right ...

There are so many great callmakers, that I would never have known even existed, if it werent for this here forum.

1iagobblergetter

If I kept track of the money I spend on turkey calls,guns, and my book collection it would scare me into quitting so that's why I dont.. :icon_thumright:....

Sir-diealot

I really do like the Frictionwood call from Eric Crouse, they play real easy.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Boykin Hollow

The wife came up from my basement man cave one night with this look on her face and said"I took inventory for you and came up with 50 round ones."  I said thank you and under my breath I said and I  am glad you did not count the one  in the drawers down there.  Easier to get forgiveness than permission !!!

paboxcall

Quote from: richard black on May 17, 2020, 12:33:13 PM
Maybe just one more. Then I'll quit for sure!!

Went through that exact thought process this past March, and again just last week.

The March experience netted me a new Permar .45 in ironwood. Last week's that thought process resulted in a Marlin Watkins box coming to the mailbox.

Once that new box arrives, then I'll stop... :toothy9:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Sir-diealot

I am after two more then I am done til August when the Northeast call Makers Summet takes place, if it still does. That is to say I am targeting two more makers, I may pick up something if it tickles my fancy though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 17, 2020, 01:33:35 PM
I am after two more then I am done til August when the Northeast call Makers Summet takes place, if it still does. That is to say I am targeting two more makers, I may pick up something if it tickles my fancy though.
Raccoon Squaller???? :TooFunny:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on May 17, 2020, 01:48:33 PM
lol no, prefer to chase those with dogs and use a old harmonica to get them to turn to the light.

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on May 17, 2020, 01:48:33 PM
LMBO ... :TooFunny:

Gooserbat

I'll spend $200-$300 per year on other makers calls. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

grayfox

Should be at least some kind of rehab for this this. I'm pretty sure my health insurance don't cover this kind of illness.

Gooserbat

Quote from: grayfox on May 17, 2020, 06:46:24 PM
Should be at least some kind of rehab for this this. I'm pretty sure my health insurance don't cover this kind of illness.

You think this is bad, pick up traditional archery.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Gooserbat on May 17, 2020, 09:36:09 PM
Quote from: grayfox on May 17, 2020, 06:46:24 PM

You think this is bad, pick up traditional archery.
Modern archery is bad enough, I can't even begin to imagine traditional.

John Koenig:

Loyalist84

This is worse than salmon fishing. I got on this forum looking for 1 or two pots and 1 box call - now I have 4 pot calls, a half dozen strikers and waiting on wood to dry to order a second box. My only barrier at this point is I need a new order of dry flies and only have one bird and 13 days left in the season - no point ordering more stuff now, right? Right?

NCL

Reading this thread sounds like attending a support group meeting and I thought I was the only one with a problem. The only vice worse is spey casting for steelhead.