OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I hate weathermen and rabid raccoons! Green light help also.

Started by Sir-diealot, May 15, 2020, 08:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: captpete on May 16, 2020, 08:40:01 AM
I have a light that clips to the visor of my hat. It works pretty good for what it is. It won't throw a light beam 200 ft., but it's good out to 50- 60 ft. I used it to find my tree stand when I bow hunted public ground. It is very similar to these below.

https://www.amazon.com/Cyclops-Orion-Clip-Light-Green/dp/B000GTF4Y2

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/master-vision-cap-light-green/0000000004819?msclkid=ae158ddbb76b1d9c2ba8d3646cafba37&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Bing%20-%2001%20-%20NEW%20Shopping%20-%20All%20products%20-%20Near%20Store%20(H)&utm_term=4581252638322565&utm_content=Bing%20-%20All%20Products#

https://dealzer.com/gro1-green-led-hat-light/?msclkid=b37c801d6e7519b50d88dea2b2478c5a&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Bing%20PLA(BSC)&utm_term=4580153131446010&utm_content=Ad%20group%20%231
I have that exact cyclops light, yes it throws wonderful light I agree, problem is it arrived broken and I could not get them to let me return it, they played games like sending instructions to return it so small that you could barely see it. I was thinking about taping it together (Battery compartment is what is broke, lid will not stay on) but never did do that, it is on my desk right now.....somewhere. The clip on ones with the 5 lights on them are what I am using now along with this flashlight as I have been walking in. https://www.amazon.com/Ulako-Zoomable-Flashlight-Fishing-Detector/dp/B01HBR4OZQ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&qid=1589667433&sr=8-1&srs=14605132011

I was thinking of maybe going to this one but there reviews are not as well as I would like and I also have a very large head, have problems with hats quite often. 26" wide https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QQJ9MH4/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=ASTN937R17FWP&psc=1

Thank you very much for the suggestions.

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 16, 2020, 11:05:23 AM
What little lighting i use is built into my cap. I wouldn't hunt without one of these , it has 4 different brightness setting with both white and green little led lights .. I have several of these camo ball caps and use then both for deer hunting and turkey hunting... i do carry very small pen light in my Glenda Green satchel but i very seldom use it..
My problem is I do not want any white light at all, that is the only reason I have not purchased one of the hats with lights, you always have to cycle past white to get to green and I do not want that white light at all. I use one of these in the blind to get things setup when I get there, love it but put some black tape over the white light in the center so it does not show up. Oh do not buy one at this price, this dude is on some seriously good coke. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ameristep-Hunters-LED-Blind-Light-NEW-FREE-SHIPPING/174267476730?epid=23018502923&hash=item289326aafa:g:-1MAAOSwztReq2iQ

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

The cap i have has 2 switches one for the different white lights and another switch for the green lights..  While i'm getting my gear together out of the truck i use the white light.. after leaving the truck, I'm turkey hunting machine and go into this STEALTH MODE and use maybe little green lighting or no light and navigate using the clouds or the star's ...

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 16, 2020, 06:58:29 PM
The cap i have has 2 switches one for the different white lights and another switch for the green lights..  While i'm getting my gear together out of the truck i use the white light.. after leaving the truck, I'm turkey hunting machine and go into this STEALTH MODE and use maybe little green lighting or no light and navigate using the clouds or the star's ...
Do you recall the name of the hat?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 16, 2020, 07:03:55 PM
[/quote  Panther vision .. i think is the name .. i will look for sure and let you know...

AppalachianHollers

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 16, 2020, 06:12:33 PM
Quote from: Turkeyman on May 16, 2020, 07:14:19 AM
The sun comes up at the same time every day...just ask the turkeys, deer and such...they know. It's what we do with our clocks that differs.
I am sure people have been ticketed for shooting a bit to early because of that thought. To be honest I wish they would just leave things as far as times goes they way they are in the Summer.

I'm just saying, I cannot comprehend what it's like when members from Minnesota and Wisconsin get on here talking about seeing a white head patrolling a ridgetop at 04:30. It never gets shooting light that early all year down here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 16, 2020, 07:33:01 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 16, 2020, 07:03:55 PM
[/quote  Panther vision .. i think is the name .. i will look for sure and let you know...
Thank you Greg

Quote from: AppalachianHollers on May 16, 2020, 08:45:31 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 16, 2020, 06:12:33 PM
Quote from: Turkeyman on May 16, 2020, 07:14:19 AM
The sun comes up at the same time every day...just ask the turkeys, deer and such...they know. It's what we do with our clocks that differs.
I am sure people have been ticketed for shooting a bit to early because of that thought. To be honest I wish they would just leave things as far as times goes they way they are in the Summer.

I'm just saying, I cannot comprehend what it's like when members from Minnesota and Wisconsin get on here talking about seeing a white head patrolling a ridgetop at 04:30. It never gets shooting light that early all year down here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, okay, I understand. It is not normally shooting light here in NY either.

John Koenig:

1iagobblergetter

How did they come to the conclusion it's a rabid raccoon?

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on May 17, 2020, 06:14:51 AM
How did they come to the conclusion it's a rabid raccoon?
I was not told this, I was going to ask them yesterday but they were in the middle of putting a new deck on the cabin.

John Koenig:

RutnNStrutn

That's why I call them weather guessers. ;)

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on May 17, 2020, 02:23:26 PM
That's why I call them weather guessers. ;)

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.
I think this would be much more accurate.

John Koenig: