Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Utube Spring Turkey Videos-- Who Is Your Pic??

Started by quavers59, May 13, 2020, 01:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyturkeyhunter4

I really like Dave Owens and The Hunting Public guys

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

buzzardroost

Dave Owens is my favorite. I'm sickened at Catman and THP over the Jake slaying this year.

countryboy3006

I always watch THP and Pinhoti Project.  I also watch some of Shane Simpsons videos.  I still have and watch some of the old Primos and Knight and Hale DVDs. 

bonasa

I do not watch any of them, for the only reason that by clicking and watching you are subsequently paying them no matter how small the revenue. 

I choose to read articles and product reviews by companies that have been vetted through many years and it is those accolades that stand the test of time and are worth the information and content that is produced.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

simpzenith

Quote from: buzzardroost on May 14, 2020, 10:37:36 AM
Dave Owens is my favorite. I'm sickened at Catman and THP over the Jake slaying this year.

One person killing a jake is hardly "slaying" them.

strutstopper

Quote from: bonasa on May 14, 2020, 12:03:36 PM

I choose to read articles and product reviews by companies that have been vetted through many years and it is those accolades that stand the test of time and are worth the information and content that is produced.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Wow, that sounds exciting!

Spurs

Quote from: simpzenith on May 15, 2020, 10:03:58 AM

Totally agree.  They screwed up, which in many states is now illegal.  I have done it myself prior to it being outlawed in AR.  It was nerve racking the first few years in AR when they first outlawed it...dang near installed a 3-9X40 on the 870  :TooFunny:

My list is Pinhoti, Catman, THP, Dale Outdoors, and Calling All Turkey.  No particular order really.  I do usually hold out for Dale though and watch them all at once during the off season....not sure why, but I want something to keep my spirit going. :help:
This year is going to suck!!!

Hobbes

"Jake slaying"????? I've apparently not seen that.   Unless it's illegal, why do you care if they kill a Jake? 

bonasa

Quote from: Spurs on May 15, 2020, 11:49:02 AM
Totally agree.  They screwed up, which in many states is now illegal.  I have done it myself prior to it being outlawed in AR.  It was nerve racking the first few years in AR when they first outlawed it...dang near installed a 3-9X40 on the 870  :TooFunny:

Screwed up? If it's legal how is that a screw up? Shooting a jake is not beneath me, and obviously those you are judging.

You need a 3-9X40 to identify a jake? Now that is FUNNY!  :TooFunny:

Yoteduster

Spurs

Quote from: bonasa on May 15, 2020, 05:01:22 PM

Screwed up? If it's legal how is that a screw up? Shooting a jake is not beneath me, and obviously those you are judging.

You need a 3-9X40 to identify a jake? Now that is FUNNY!  :TooFunny:
Guess you didn't see the episode.  Catman accidentally shot a Jake thinking it was a Tom. 

My point regarding the scope was that I pride myself on rules and I have myself mistakenly shot a Jake...long story short, there were 2 long beards over a knob that I thought were by themselves, I crawled over and shot at a red head...which wound up being a Jake...the 2 toms flew off.

I was 17 and made a mistake...which became illegal in AR very shortly after that.  Sorry if that  flew over your heads.  :newmascot:

simpzenith

My list is Pinhoti, Catman, THP, Dale Outdoors, and Calling All Turkey.  No particular order really.  I do usually hold out for Dale though and watch them all at once during the off season....not sure why, but I want something to keep my spirit going. :help:

Killing a jake is illegal in very few states, not many. I can only think of 2.

Ranger

"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Spurs

Quote from: simpzenith on May 15, 2020, 08:06:42 PM

Killing a jake is illegal in very few states, not many. I can only think of 2.
I know MS and AR.  Thought LA was too, but can't remember offhand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk