Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Utube Spring Turkey Videos-- Who Is Your Pic??

Started by quavers59, May 13, 2020, 01:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quavers59

Now, I watch some of most of the Spring Turkey Videos put out there.     Personally, I think Matt Dale has the best content.   He Shows you what to do and has Interesting Videos for Turkey Hunters with many years under their belt like me.  I look forward to  Watching Matt Dale Videos As he puts you right there in the Turkey woods with him.    Next up is Outdoors Allie. She knows her stuff as well . I enjoy Allie's Videos with her warm Smile.     Outdoor Public is ok. I know  from watching they park at 3.40am to be 1st there.   I always try to arrive just after 3.30am myself . Coffee and a Catnap .     Now on one of their Videos-- the guy did not load his Shotgun until the Tom was Close + Gobbling. To each his own- but that is too late in my opinion. In the same video-- his Go Pro interfered with his chamber from being fully closed.  Just Rookie Mistakes although these guys are funny.       I really miss Harold Knight and David Hale Turkey Videos. These 2 Guys had the best videos along with Primos.    So-- who is your Favorite to watch??

lunghit

I really like The Hunting Public videos. I like watching them go from state to state and hunt the land that most of us normal every day guys hunt. And I also enjoy Matt Dale's videos a lot.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

fallhnt

What's you tube?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

davisd9

Catman is the only one I care to watch. There are some other good ones out there, but do not hold my attention span.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Wigsplitter

Matt Dale is my pick - catman and Pinhoti project are right behind him

Gobble!

Quote from: Wigsplitter on May 13, 2020, 09:20:15 AM
Matt Dale is my pick - catman and Pinhoti project are right behind him

I need to check him out. Don't believe I've seen his stuff.

GobbleNut

There are a number of good ones,...many of which have been mentioned already in this and other similar threads.  Dave, Shane, Catman, and THP are all on my list. (A newer one I have started watching is Panola Productions) 
(Preface to the following remarks:  anybody that takes umbrage with my comments need not get their snoods in a knot. This is just my personal outlook regarding turkey hunting. If you feel differently, watch what you like,...and hunt the way you want to) 

It is easier for me to talk about the kinds of YouTube shows on turkey hunting that I will not watch.  If I see a pop-up blind, I am out.  Add a flock of decoys set out in front of that pop-up blind, and I am out twice as fast.  Also, any hunt with the above that is obviously taking place on private land with a "target-rich", lightly-hunted turkey population,...I'm not interested.   

Conversely, give me a hunt where a competent caller and woodsman goes one-on-one with a real "wild" turkey in it's natural environment and I will watch and enjoy.  If that hunter (or hunters) is entertaining and charismatic in their hunt presentation, all the better. 

Finally, good videography skills and presentation of the hunt, gobbler arrival, and kill are preferable, but as one who tries to occasionally film my own hunts, I am well aware of how difficult it is to get all of those ingredients to come together in the types of hunts I prefer to watch.  Sometimes those final moments just don't work out and the final "coup de grace" is not captured quite like we would anticipate.  That's okay with me....

howl

Neal pankey, I think he changed the name to Public Hunter. I like those because his style is similar to what I do.

quavers59

Check out Matt Dale's ( Gobbler Yelping ) Video of a few years ago. He has 2 of them and the 1st one is Awesome. He used Gobbler Yelping to close the Deal on a Spring Gobbler with minutes to spare!  That video is one of my favorites!

Greg Massey

My favorite all time is Knight Hale...  Today's - Hunting Public , Shane Simpson and Pinhoti Project .. I don't care for the Jake killing video's ...

JeffC

Pinhoti Project, THP, Catman,  and add The_Bayside_Legion to really good hard core hunters.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Mossberg90MN

Recently I've been rewatching the old Knight and Hale videos they have uploaded to YouTube. Great great videos!

Calling all turkeys is probably my fav. 
I like Claycomb Outdoors too, that guy shows everything, days that bring nothing, getting busted, and success.

Of course Pinhoti Project, and THP has great video production.

I also watch Matt Dale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silvestris

Frankly, I am sick of all of them.  They are all a factor in ruining the sport.  To me, they are for the most part a bunch of wannabe rock stars.  It is designed to be a one on one sport, not a dove shoot.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Marc

Quote from: silvestris on May 13, 2020, 06:11:15 PM
Frankly, I am sick of all of them.  They are all a factor in ruining the sport.  To me, they are for the most part a bunch of wannabe rock stars.  It is designed to be a one on one sport, not a dove shoot.
I agree that there are plenty of videos and creators out there that prove your point...  Enough to make me uncomfortable, or even a bit angry watching.

But there are some that are simply sharing their love of the sport, and...  Making some money doing it.

Catman videos show plenty of unsuccessful hunts, and has made fun of himself for missing...   From his videos, I feel I'd honestly enjoy a day hunting with him.

I enjoy "The Hunting Public," but would not enjoy seeing a video in my neck of the woods, and have mixed feelings about them traveling through the country to hunt during the height of COVID 19 before we knew had bad it was or was not....  I personally passed up opportunities in state and out, not so much out of fear of getting the infection, but of the potential of spreading it somewhere else.  Those boys were traveling through a lot of area, and had to at some point interact with people outside of their circle.

With the declining interest in hunting, social media is one means of changing that direction, and supporting ethical creators, could have a beneficial effect on hunting...  Currently when I see material I find "disturbing," I simply click it off...  If I find it unusually disturbing, I might give it an "unlike."  I do not like the idea of being an anonymous critic...  But maybe in some of the more offensive displays, ethical hunters should comment in "constructive ways?"
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.