turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Forgot how old they are

Started by Old Timer, May 12, 2020, 09:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Timer

I forget how old these are but they payed off as a hardwoods loads. Took one of my biggest birds with them last week. I guess it pays not to get rid of older ammo.

Tom007

captfire

I know what u mean I've got all kinds of turkey shells from were I've shot them trying to patterning a gun in sometimes I go back and try them in a gun that won't shoot gun you never know...

Muzzy61

I've got a box and half of the same ammo and have been shooting them the last few years.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

nyhunter

:icon_thumright: $8.75 a box of ten, now were paying that for one shell.. :bike2: ... LOL that was my go to shell back in the day, Funny thin is they kill just as dead as the tss , heavy weight, H-13, that were buying today.

Hoot 000

Just keep them in a dry place, I keep mine in an ammo box with a rubber seal inside my closet. I don't throw away shells because they are old unless they appear damaged

Hoot 000

Quote from: Muzzy61 on May 12, 2020, 01:54:04 PM
I've got a box and half of the same ammo and have been shooting them the last few years.
[/ everybody wants something new author=Hoot 000 link=topic=98741.msg973457#msg973457 date=1589728354]
Just keep them in a dry place, I keep mine in an ammo box with a rubber seal inside my closet. I don't throw away shells because they are old unless they appear damaged

Greg Massey

I still have several of those loads in 2 oz. 5 - 6 shot ... they are fine shell... i remember think 8 - 10 dollars for box of these shells , man that's high ... LOL... Little did i know , 40 dollars or more for 5 shells now...TSS