OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Walter Parrott and Chuck Jones

Started by Chris Downs, May 15, 2011, 11:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Downs

I may be out of the loop a little on this, but was just going through some of my old DVDs and came across some old Knight and Hale videos with Walter and Chuck in them.  Seems like they just fell off the planet or something, especially Chuck.  I know Walter is with Bass Pro Shops or something now, but that's all I know.  Are they still doing video hunts, tv, etc.?  Thanks.

drenalinld

I loved watching those guys! Walter is one of the all-time greats on a mouth call and Chuck is the slate Dr. I was told K & H fired them when their contacts for new hunting ground were used up? Chuck is in a newer show, but I can't remember where I saw it.

Chris Downs

Yeah, I really miss seeing those two.  Parrott IS a turkey, no way around it.  I don't know if I've ever heard anybody that sounds more like a turkey in my life.  Lot's of great comp callers out there today, that owe a lot to Mr. Parrott.  Jones is just a hoot.  I loved his camera work and you're right...not too shabby on a slate either.  Thanks for your response. 

TRKYHTR

I always liked Walter and Chuck. Chuck was an innovator with the camera work and Walter has to be up in the top 3 best callers of all time. JMO

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

savduck

I read an article that they started their own buisness a few years back. Parrot was the guy I wanted to call like.
Georgia Boy

chatterbox

Quote from: gobblerD on May 16, 2011, 07:55:55 PM
Two very excellent hunters that will teach you something.

But thats not what the hunting shows want anymore. You have to be young hip and play a guitar or know someone that plays.  ;D
I guess that counts me out.......... :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Houndstooth Game Calls

A friend of mine Larry Norton told me when he was competing in calling contest that Walter paved the way with a calling style that changed the competition circuits for ever! I think all the guys competing back then were all close and at the time walter was winning the guys from south named his calling style the missouri wap with those nasaly front end yelps. As told by Mr.Norton that is.

ccleroy

Walter Parrot is the truth......hands down.......I have all the old N&H videos with him and Chuck and they are my favorites and watch them before the start of every season.......

TRKYHTR

Quote from: Houndstooth Game Calls on May 16, 2011, 08:49:55 PM
A friend of mine Larry Norton told me when he was competing in calling contest that Walter paved the way with a calling style that changed the competition circuits for ever! I think all the guys competing back then were all close and at the time walter was winning the guys from south named his calling style the missouri wap with those nasaly front end yelps. As told by Mr.Norton that is.

I watched Larry compete in the early 90's and he was awesome as well. He had a fantastic flydown cackle.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

savduck

There was a string of callers winning all the calling contest back in the 90s. Bunch of GREAT callers out of MO over the years. Parrot, Parrish, Metcalf, Yargus....Im sure there are a few more Im living out.

Im with everyone else. The old Knight an Hale was the cream of the crop back in the day.
Georgia Boy

Houndstooth Game Calls

Quote from: TRKYHTR on May 16, 2011, 09:44:55 PM

I watched Larry compete in the early 90's and he was awesome as well. He had a fantastic flydown cackle.

TRKYHTR
Well old Larry still has got that flydown cackle I will tell ya, with the shark cut that was his call and I like the old shark cut myself!