OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Where’s the next one?

Started by VT_hunter, May 11, 2020, 08:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VT_hunter

I was lucky enough to bag my first double bearded bird. I chased him around for a few days before pulling the trigger. I'm pretty sure he was the only male turkey around and he had a few hens. My question is what happens now with the land? Will the hens leave to find a new tom? Will another Tom come to the property? I went back a few days after taking him and it was really quiet. It's nice country with large green fields, mixed hardwoods, recent logging, water, etc.  Wondering if I need to find a new spot. TIA

RutnNStrutn

I'm sure where there's hens, there was more than one gobbler. I'd stay put and see what happens. Good luck!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

g8rvet

I agree.  Track, look for sign, give a listen. 

I hunted a private piece and had killed one already.  Kept seeing hens, but no gobbles.  Went back to check it one last time and found strut marks and killed him a few days later.  He never said a word, just followed the hens in when I called.  He was a bigger bird than the first.  Maybe he had his butt whooped and did not think the other bird was gone.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Tom007

X2. I think another gobbler will move in to that property. At least that is what I have seen on my properties in the past. Good luck.....

Greg Massey

Quote from: Tom007 on May 11, 2020, 09:21:36 PM
X2. I think another gobbler will move in to that property. At least that is what I have seen on my properties in the past. Good luck.....
x3

Cowboy

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 12, 2020, 01:26:13 AM
Quote from: Tom007 on May 11, 2020, 09:21:36 PM
x3
Agreed