OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

cutting spurs

Started by Old Timer, May 10, 2020, 12:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Timer

I`m very fortunate to be tagged out in NY with taking 2 dominate birds. It`s probably been 20 years since i have cut spurs and have a lot of legs in freezer. For those who save your spurs what have you found to be the easiest way to cut them? I don`t own a band saw. Would a dremmel work well with the cutting blades? I believe i use to use a scroll saw or hacksaw. Tips welcome. Good hunting guys,stay safe.

Southerngobbler

I use a dremmel tool w/cutting blades, they break easy (the blades) so just go slow-works fine

Brian811

I used to use a hack saw but now I use my 12v milwaukee hackzall. So easy

Goblen

Battery powered Sawzall.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Southerngobbler on May 10, 2020, 12:35:33 PM
I use a dremmel tool w/cutting blades, they break easy (the blades) so just go slow-works fine
X2 This works the best and they are not hard to hold using dremel...

captpete

I just use a regular hacksaw. I can have them cut off by the time I dig out the Dremel and get the cutting blade on it.

howl

catman529

Hack saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

guesswho

Chainsaw, I kill some big ones. 

For the smaller ones I just use a hacksaw.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Old Timer

Thanks for the replies guys. Just got done making feather book markers for my wife and daughter in law. The ladies love them.

treein dixie

Quote from: Old Timer on May 10, 2020, 03:03:54 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Just got done making feather book markers for my wife and daughter in law. The ladies love them.

Pictures?

Gobble!

Hacksaw is all I've ever needed but I cut them as I kill them.

Yoteduster

Old Timer

Quote from: treein dixie on May 10, 2020, 03:14:50 PM
Quote from: Old Timer on May 10, 2020, 03:03:54 PM

Pictures?

Sir-diealot

Book marker looks nice, that is what I have been doing with a feather from my bird last year.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."