OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Pretty good last couple days  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Roost 1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Pretty good last couple days
« on: May 09, 2020, 09:58:58 PM »
Finally was able to take a few days off work. I usually don’t like hunting around here in May but we had some good weather last couple days.
Thursday I was able to fill my 2nd KY tag on a bird I had hunted a few days. He actually became somewhat predictable which didn’t end well for him.
Friday I headed south, I have not hunted TN much due to the virus and travel bans but I needed to go check on my sister.  Weather called for rain starting at daylight so I packed my bow and blind hoping for a short sit. Had hens roosted near me but the gobblers were on other side of field roughly 400yds away.  Never saw the hens until they had circled halfway around the field towards the gobblers but they managed to pull the gobblers to the field along with 3 jakes.  Heard more hen talk this day than any day this season so I started calling a little too. Gobblers got fired up, gobbling, strutting, and heading my way and then the bottom dropped out. Watched the whole flock 3 gobblers, 3 jakes, and 4 hens go stand under a big tree for about a hour. Finally the rain let up some but when it did the birds just walked off in the opposite direction eventually going behind a big high spot in the field out of my sight.  Pretty sure what seemed to be a promising day just turned into a long sit, it started pouring rain again. About 45 minutes later I see the 3 jakes coming around the fence at 100yds with the 3 gobblers right behind them.  When those gobblers saw my decoys they locked in on them and came quick. It’s funny how everything can change in a matter of minutes.  Was able to anchor one at about 18yds or so, making my 3rd bird by bow of the season.  I’m prolly done for  the year as that makes 2 birds taken off the TN farm and that’s my self imposed limit on that property.  Just thought I’d share a little of my season with the team since I haven’t posted much this season.  Good luck to the rest of y’all still chasing ‘em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 10:07:50 PM by Roost 1 »

Offline hookedspur

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Pretty good last couple days
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 10:01:59 PM »
Congratulations Brother fine season
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Online Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER