turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Campsites on the road

Started by LaLongbeard, May 09, 2020, 07:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaLongbeard

I'm leaving Monday for the last 3 weeks of Turkey hunting, had no trouble getting the license/tags but finding a camping spot near impossible. All the campsites I tried are closed and dispersed or primitive camping is out also. One thing we have in La is 100's of thousands of NF acres that they cannot close not used to complete camping lock down.I've had no trouble so far in the SE this season finding a place to camp but heading north is a different story.   
     I found a couple apps that show all the RV parks, campsites, truck stops, rest areas and even Walmart's that let you park all night. The one I got is RV Parky which is free there are a couple more with different features but this one is good enough for what I'm doing. Some of the campsites I found said they may open in a week maybe not the app has all the addresses and phone numbers so I can check back. Anyway might help someone else hitting the trail.

If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Greg Massey

Safe travels and camping ... kill a big gobbler ....good luck

Tom007

Jroddc

1iagobblergetter

Goodluck. Hope you get into some good hunting.

LaLongbeard

Thanks guys I'm looking forward to hearing a few more gobbles
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Mossberg90MN

I'll give this app a try, I've resorted to finding the cheapest hotel in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoteduster

Crghss

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

deerhunt1988

Dang, sure wish i had known about that app earlier! I've encountered the same issue this spring and slept in my truck at a sketchy place or two.

Gooserbat

I pull over beside the rd and go to sleep.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Shiloh

Is primitive camping out because your not set up for it or it's not allowed in the states you are going to?

joey46

Good luck.  A back of the truck primitive camp is often all you'll need for a night or two.

Dtrkyman

I "Illegally" camped on some ground some where for several days without issue, though I truck camp and don't leave a set camp.

Changed my Michigan hunt to to possibly camp issues and hunted much further into Michigan but had a place to stay!

Mossberg90MN

Tried this app out, it is a great app, gonna keep it Thanks!