OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Jersey Finale Don’t Give Up

Started by Tom007, May 07, 2020, 05:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

I got out at day break to a newly scouted spot. I found a wing feather, and saw scratches pre season scouting. I scouted over 20 days. It paid off. I walked the logging trail, raised this guy at 6:15. I set up and yelped on Shannon's push pin. He answered, but seemed to walk away. Wow, I was shocked. He gobbled at a woodpecker. I clucked, he gobbled. I figured I would do a lost call on my Quaker boy mouth call. He gobbled, coming closer. He skirted me, and stayed in the same spot gobbling for around 30 minutes. Finally, he left and went above me. I moved to the edge of the ridge. He gobbled, but seemed to get further away. I looked and saw a little hill with a blowdown right below it. I moved to it, making noise in leaves. He gobbled. I said to myself this is a Jake. I almost walked away thinking this is a scared Jake. Something about his gobble made me hang in there. Boy I am glad I hung in there. Finally after a few clucks on my push pin, he decided I have to circle down to investigate. He came around a group of big trees at 30 yards, boom, I got him at around 7:40 am. Best hunt of the year for me. Nice bird. 22.2 pounds, 1 1/4 inch spurs 11 inch beard. He has a bit of color phase on his wings. Be safe, thanks for listening.

Yoteduster

Congrats on a really nice gobbler good thing you hung in there and got well rewarded

Jroddc

Congrats! At least you're doing good. I'm about ready to take up golf. Never put in so much time and done so bad.

Tom007

Got lucky buddy, hang in there my friend. Your talented, you will get em. Thanks...

RutnNStrutn

Sounds like a good hunt!! Congrats!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Greg Massey

Awesome , nice gobbler , scouting and spending time with them , makes for great hunt.

Cowboy

Tom007

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I wish you all safe and luck filled hunts.......

JeffC

Congrats, I ate 2 of my 4 tags...
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tom007

knifeshark

Perseverance gets the bird, congrats on a super nice gobbler!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamo

Tom007