only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SERIOUSLY ?????????

Started by Yoder409, May 06, 2020, 08:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Happy on May 08, 2020, 03:52:21 PM
Quote from: WV Flopper on May 08, 2020, 12:42:08 PM
That looks like a ton of FUN! Think about this... I have a field that is full of turkey a month before season. By the time season gets here they are gone? Snippers, baiters, chicken manure spreading, IDK, but they leave. How much fun would that be to set that guy out there in the field a hour before daylight and drive around in a flock of gobblers? I think that would be a blast! Bet you could get some awesome footage, might even catch a snipper.
What's a snipper? Is that a professional turkey castrator? Turns all the he turkeys into it turkeys?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
ROFL!!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Howie g

The " if it's legal " crowd tickles the —— out of me !     Sad ???? days we live in .

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Howie g on May 09, 2020, 08:40:51 AM
The " if it's legal " crowd tickles the —— out of me !     Sad ???? days we live in .
Why would that be? If the state rules a hunting method is legal, but you don't approve, who are you to say it's wrong? The "holier than thou" crowd are pompous in my opinion.
No decoys!!
No blinds!!
No bushwhacking birds!!
No reaping!!
No TSS!!
Call them in or you can't shoot them!!
Hunt exactly as I do, or you're not a real turkey hunter!!
Yeah, right.
"Hunters" who think like that are bad for the hunting community. We have enough people trying to stop hunting without having some in our ranks trying to stop methods of hunting too.

Howie g

I've been called way worse things then pompous ????,,, and yes I don't agree with about 75 % of those methods you mentioned and the day I have to hunt them like that is the day I take up golf .... have a good one .

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Howie g on May 09, 2020, 10:48:11 PM
I've been called way worse things then pompous ????,,, and yes I don't agree with about 75 % of those methods you mentioned and the day I have to hunt them like that is the day I take up golf .... have a good one .
I wasn't calling you pompous, just saying that's how I feel about the crowd that condemns other hunters for using legal hunting methods.
The difference is, you or anyone else doesn't HAVE TO employ such methods. If they're legal in your state it becomes a personal choice.
Have a great day Howie, and good luck the rest of your season.

Howie g

Sometimes the truth hurts . I asked my wife , hey , what does " pompous' mean ?
   She said look at yourself in a mirror and you'll see the definition!!
Thanks for the season wishes .  Unfortunately, both the states I hunt seasons are over .
Normally hit at least one Midwest state each spring ,  but made a decision to stay close to home with this virus thing .  It was a challenge this spring , but I managed to scratch out a few .   Good luck to I also

RutnNStrutn

I guess the wife told you. Whether she is correct or not, if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!! Wear it with pride.
Yeah, I feel your pain. I mainly hunt FLA and SC, and they are both closed now. I had trips to Bama, Kentucky and Mexico planned, but all got cancelled due to Coronavirus. Oh well, there's always next year.

Yoder409

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on May 11, 2020, 12:20:46 AM
I guess the wife told you. Whether she is correct or not, if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!! Wear it with pride.
Yeah, I feel your pain. I mainly hunt FLA and SC, and they are both closed now. I had trips to Bama, Kentucky and Mexico planned, but all got cancelled due to Coronavirus. Oh well, there's always next year.

If you're going to Mexico next year, be sure to get the RC decoy buggy with the extra lift kit and bigger tires.   It's really rocky down there........and fill the tires with Tire Slime.   A lotta thorns, too.

Oh.........and paint the tips on the fan white for 4X4 deke-ing them Gould's.

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

crow

Quote from: Yoder409 on May 11, 2020, 10:40:42 AM
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on May 11, 2020, 12:20:46 AM

If you're going to Mexico next year, be sure to get the RC decoy buggy with the extra lift kit and bigger tires.   It's really rocky down there........and fill the tires with Tire Slime.   A lotta thorns, too.

Oh.........and paint the tips on the fan white for 4X4 deke-ing them Gould's.

If your going to spend the money for all those extras you minds well get the "low rider" option as well,
that up-down bounce motion with a full fan is not something you see every day, not even on public land.

Yoder409

The low-rider package works well in Mexico ................. But only in Tijuana.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on May 07, 2020, 08:01:55 PM
Quote from: silvestris on May 06, 2020, 12:37:23 PM
All decoys are created by Satan himself.
ROFL!!!
Why is it that guys like you condemn decoy use, and look down on guys who use them, or hunt out of blinds, or don't hunt exactly like you do? I use dekes, sometimes. But I haven't killed a bird over a decoy in 4 years. I'm of the philosophy that if decoy use is legal, and you want to hunt over a decoy, and kill a gobbler that way, I'll be the first guy to congratulate you. I say if it's legal, you want to do it, and it makes you happy, go for it!!

That's kinda where I am on the topic.  I've heard somewhere that hunters of some of our other feathered friends hide, dress in camo, and use decoys and bird noises to lure birds.  Some of the contraptions they use create motion and are even motorized.  The difference is, for hunting those particular birds that's all perfectly acceptable and commonplace.  But for the wild turkey it creates division and hurtful comments.  I'm out to complete the mission, which is to bring home game legally.  The first man that developed a hook to catch a fish or spear to kill game created the "unfair advantage".  Humans suck at acquiring animal protein using their physical attributes.  So to obtain such food we had to develop tools, which sets us apart from those we eat.
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on May 11, 2020, 03:56:56 PM
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on May 07, 2020, 08:01:55 PM
Quote from: silvestris on May 06, 2020, 12:37:23 PM
All decoys are created by Satan himself.
ROFL!!!
Why is it that guys like you condemn decoy use, and look down on guys who use them, or hunt out of blinds, or don't hunt exactly like you do? I use dekes, sometimes. But I haven't killed a bird over a decoy in 4 years. I'm of the philosophy that if decoy use is legal, and you want to hunt over a decoy, and kill a gobbler that way, I'll be the first guy to congratulate you. I say if it's legal, you want to do it, and it makes you happy, go for it!!

That's kinda where I am on the topic.  I've heard somewhere that hunters of some of our other feathered friends hide, dress in camo, and use decoys and bird noises to lure birds.  Some of the contraptions they use create motion and are even motorized.  The difference is, for hunting those particular birds that's all perfectly acceptable and commonplace.  But for the wild turkey it creates division and hurtful comments.  I'm out to complete the mission, which is to bring home game legally.  The first man that developed a hook to catch a fish or spear to kill game created the "unfair advantage".  Humans suck at acquiring animal protein using their physical attributes.  So to obtain such food we had to develop tools, which sets us apart from those we eat.
:icon_thumright:

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Yoder409 on May 11, 2020, 01:27:15 PM
The low-rider package works well in Mexico ................. But only in Tijuana.
Yoder, you and Crow are killing me!!!

Yoder409

The low-rider package IS really kinda cool, though.

Comes with fuzzy dice and a continuous loop of War's song from "Up in Smoke" playing on a teeny-weeny stereo.
PA elitist since 1979

crow

Quote from: Yoder409 on May 11, 2020, 08:57:13 PM
The low-rider package IS really kinda cool, though.

Comes with fuzzy dice and a continuous loop of War's song from "Up in Smoke" playing on a teeny-weeny stereo.

That might even make an ocellated turkey gobble