OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Pennsylvania  (Read 2030 times)

Offline knifeshark

• ROOTIN' TOOTIN'.....HIGH FALOOTIN'
Pennsylvania
« on: May 05, 2020, 06:58:22 PM »
Even though it’s been a wet spring here, the opener on Saturday was super nice! I heard four different birds on Saturday, four different birds on Monday, and shot a 22 pound bird this morning all in public land. The weather was cooler today in the mid40s and I heardThree different birds before sunrise. They are definitely hitting their peak this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cketch80

Re: Pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 09:26:46 PM »
Where are at in PA?

Offline knifeshark

• ROOTIN' TOOTIN'.....HIGH FALOOTIN'
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 09:33:32 PM »
I’m in the southeast part of the state 4E area is where I was hunting that would be Dauphin, Schuylkill ,Northumberland. I took my bird in Dauphin County on May 5, and the birds were hot. They were gobbling it 5:15 in the morning and I heard four different gobblers on three different days, so that was pretty good for hunting on the state game lands.  :turkey2: :drool:

Offline Cketch80

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 02:14:31 PM »
I'm in greene county. swpa I've been hunting birds the past month including WV and they have been fickle all season. I've had a rough time striking up birds after 830 am. Most days they are fairly quiet on the roost. It's been an odd year for myself and from most people I talk to it seems like it's been late may since late April. I don't know. Ive killed 1 in wv and 1 in PA but they were hot birds. And we're loud on the roost and came in on a rope after flydown. I'm not sure what's up but it seems the gobblers aren't very interested this yr. Not a whole lot of action after flydown.