turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many turkeys have you killed?

Started by Tennessee spur collector, May 04, 2020, 09:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessee spur collector

I am currently around 50 not exactly sure I keep coming up with a different number

cliff.s.timmons

This season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman529

Lost count, well I'm not very good at counting anyway. I killed my first in 2011 and hunted the fall seasons back when you could kill multiple birds in a county. Had a few doubles and a couple of 3fers before the fall season went to 1 bird. It was fun, but I'm glad they dropped the limit. I've killed 5 birds this spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Robasse

Quote from: Tennessee spur collector on May 04, 2020, 09:49:12 PM
I am currently around 50 not exactly sure I keep coming up with a different number
How long ago did you shoot your first turkey?

ManfromGreenSwamp

Not enough.

"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

Greg Massey

Not near enough .. but numbers don't matter ..

1iagobblergetter

I never have kept track. I've hunted Spring and Fall for 20ish years. Still enjoy it more every year. Crazy how a guy can think about it everyday all year long...
Glad I haven't kept track of the money I've spent on it either. Calls,Guns,Books,Equipment...definitely a disease...

Gooserbat

Although I know the number I just like to say over 100.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

5arraquiver

:newmascot:
Quote from: Gooserbat on May 04, 2020, 11:58:37 PM
Although I know the number I just like to say over 100.
man that's a lot
Questions? Answer: Jesus

TonyTurk

Around two dozen.  I would sure like to add one more today!

Tom007

I enjoy everyone I am lucky enough to harvest.  :funnyturkey:

Magdump

Under 20 but i have only been hunting turkeys for five years now. My goal is to go get a gobbler in all of the states and just this last season I've decided that I want to achieve my goal by killing the fewest number of birds possible.

For the last 40 years have killed so many large and giant deer (plenty of younger ones too) that I can't keep them straight anymore.  Except for a few of them, I can't remember which head goes with which hunt in my mind anymore. I never want to have that happen with turkeys so I'm going to try to kill as few as possible in my journey to get all the states.  I want each bird to remain special and a peak life experience in my mind.  If I start stacking up the bodies like I did with deer, that won't happen.

Bowguy

I'm another who doesn't know but it's nearing 40 years so it's a bunch. A while back before I had some issues and could think clearer a buddy asked me how many mentored birds I'd called in for others. . That was years back and I wrote down places, people, birds. Was over 50 I'd mentored at that point. Was perhaps 2015. I've added a few since

dublelung

Somewhere between 100 and 105. I lost track of a couple years when my computer crashed a few years ago.

JMalin

35~ longbeards and a couple jakes all in the spring.  Killed a few as a kid and got serious about it in 2015.