OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Done for the season and looking forward to sleeping in on Saturdays!

Started by Magdump, May 04, 2020, 10:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdump

My Vermont turkey trip planned since December was cancelled due to the virus crazyness so I tried last minute to attempt PA once again.  If only I could find a place to go-had bad luck on public land up there the last two years.

Luckily, my friend Kevin Morgan, a professional waterfowl guide, had access to a parcel of farm land by a small river in Mercersburg PA and he invited me up this past Saturday as it offered at least a chance of seeing a bird.

We set up by the river and only heard gobbles at sunrise way on the other side of the river, but had a hen roosted right above us so that was cool.  Kevin had to head back at 9:30 and I stayed to hunt every minute until the noon deadline.

I relocated uphill a bit and a little after 10 am heard the first gobble of the day on our side of the river!

Took about 30 minutes to call him in through the forest.  He took his sweet time but was fairly vocal at times.

Checked off three new states this year (Hawaii, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania) and am done for the year, 3 birds in the freezer is more than enough for the two of us until next Spring.

Looking forward to sleeping in more! 

36 states left.  Will attempt Kansas/Nebraska with a bow next April and hopefully will tackle VT the first weekend in May.

Hope your season is going well guys! 

Holy cow I love the Wild Turkey!

1iagobblergetter

JeffC

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Yoteduster

Tom007

ShortMagFan

Congratulations I guess. I'm hoping to fill my last tag on the last morning of the season. If I tagged out early I'd find someone to call for or try to video with my phone before I'd sleep in but that's just me