OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

bearded Hen in dust bowl game cam pics

Started by Uncle Bucky, May 15, 2011, 04:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Hognutz

Very nice , Bucky.. You don't get to see that everyday.. :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

NCStrutter

Man, that is so cool to see!  Awesome camera work!

Jeffro
"For it is in the Woods, Marshes, and Fields that Retrievers make thier own legends and become our Heroes"

DeWayne Knight

Great pictures! I've been fortunate to witness a hen dusting a few times.  Very cool! 

selinoid44

Sweet! Thats the 1st time I've ever seen that.

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

Uncle Bucky

Thanks guys,  yep I was pretty happy.  I was anticipating getting a gobbler on cam, but a bearded hen is even more rare

Roost Wrecker

That is great! Thanks for posting the pics.

nannas guide

That was awesome! We found a dust bowl on Saturday that had recently been used. Did you make the bowl or did you find it and then place the camera.
We had a bearded hen come into my daughter when we were hunting with the Penn's Woods crew a number of years ago. It had a pretty respectable beard and actually strutted beside the blind out of camera sight. My daughter wouldn't shoot no matter how much I tried to coax her. Had it been me behind the gun... I have only seen one other.
There are two types of hunters; normal hunters and turkey hunters.

sodfather

archery1

Take a kid hunting

spaightlabs

Uncle Bucky

Quote from: nannas guide on May 15, 2011, 09:51:00 PM
That was awesome! We found a dust bowl on Saturday that had recently been used. Did you make the bowl or did you find it and then place the camera.
We had a bearded hen come into my daughter when we were hunting with the Penn's Woods crew a number of years ago. It had a pretty respectable beard and actually strutted beside the blind out of camera sight. My daughter wouldn't shoot no matter how much I tried to coax her. Had it been me behind the gun... I have only seen one other.

I found that spot, there are two other bowls also by it, but this one looked used so I put the camera on it.    I also have a bunny rabbit at night using it  LOL

mmusso

barry

Great pis!
We've got a cam setup on a dusting spot but it's gonna have to dry up a bit for them to use it.