OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Primos Rocker vest

Started by Cowboy, May 03, 2020, 05:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy

Well, China can make an virus but can not make a dang turkey vest. Sitting there this morning waiting on a gobbler to make his move and the top corner of my Rocker ripped thru the fabric. This is the second season on the vest. I'm thinking maybe 30 or 40 hunts on it. Im not hard on my equipment either. Just generic made junk. >:(

Gobble Nole

My son and I hunt together a lot, he is 8, so my thoughts were to get the Primos Rocker vest becasue two trees are not always perfectly together.  I bought it, first hunt out had some rips in the seams.  I figured no big deal, got out the power pro and a needle and went to work.  Despite my best sewing efforts, it died half way through this season.  Bought a Knight and Hale RNG 300 and I love it. 

I am really disappointed in the quality of the rocker vest, turned me off from buying anything Primos thats for sure. 

Tail Feathers

Same thing happened to mine on the second hunt.  Junk.  I'm done with Primos over that. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Gobble Nole

And its a shame.  Will Primos seems like a decent guy, good christian man, and I am by no way saying that the quality of this vest is representative of him as a person.  But with that being said, it really sucks to spend $100 on a turkey vest that dies within a year.  No response from Primos as I have heard of this problem with almost all of them. 

Not sure what they would say, but dang...  Oh well, it be what it be...

DUCKDIGGLER

I LOVE the features on this vest....the layout, the seat, the hydration pack capability , the storage options and espceially the fleece lined hand warmer pockets (I'm in New England and use them a lot).....I have had better luck with mine lasting but I can tell they aren't built for the long haul. I WISH they offered a Pro Model version....something built more rugged and desigend to last. I'd easily pay double. I own or have owned most all of the turley vest offered on the market today....and for features and fit to my style of hunting and needs....this vest has it all....just lacks the durability. C'mon Primos....make us a good one! :happy0064:

Tail Feathers

ALPS makes one similar.  Primos may be the only one with fleece
Lined pockets tho.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

TauntoHawk

Quote from: DUCKDIGGLER on May 04, 2020, 02:47:33 PM
I LOVE the features on this vest....the layout, the seat, the hydration pack capability , the storage options and espceially the fleece lined hand warmer pockets (I'm in New England and use them a lot).....I have had better luck with mine lasting but I can tell they aren't built for the long haul. I WISH they offered a Pro Model version....something built more rugged and desigend to last. I'd easily pay double. I own or have owned most all of the turley vest offered on the market today....and for features and fit to my style of hunting and needs....this vest has it all....just lacks the durability. C'mon Primos....make us a good one! :happy0064:
If they trimmed it down and over built it I'd pay asking price for sure. Mine fell apart in 15 hunts and I repaired it myself then more tore apart again somewhere else by the time I repaired like the 4th tear I had to move on.

The RG300 is nice, seat sucks it's the cheapest foam possible but I'll be customizing the cushion post season and it'll be darn near perfect after that

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DUCKDIGGLER

Quote from: Tail Feathers on May 04, 2020, 08:48:23 PM
ALPS makes one similar.  Primos may be the only one with fleece
Lined pockets tho.

You are correct sir. I do have an ALPS one as well....no hand warmer pockets but it is built somewhat better. Also, less storage options. A solid vest, just not everything I'm looking for. I appreciate the heads up however.

SIGNED DESPERATELY SEEKING A SOLID VEST! LOL!  :blob10:

DUCKDIGGLER

[/quote]If they trimmed it down and over built it I'd pay asking price for sure. Mine fell apart in 15 hunts and I repaired it myself then more tore apart again somewhere else by the time I repaired like the 4th tear I had to move on.

The RG300 is nice, seat sucks it's the cheapest foam possible but I'll be customizing the cushion post season and it'll be darn near perfect after that

[/quote]

Taunto.....exactly my thoughts on the RNG.....nice but seat is lacking. I picked one up last week after all the chatter. Meh. Thank you for your comments sir! Stay safe.

goblr77

Everything under the Primos brand is junk except for the Double Bull blinds.

Turkeyman

If you look at reviews on vests you generally see a list of Pros and Cons. If it is made in China that should be listed as a Con. Nuff said.

Turkeyman

Quote from: Cowboy on May 03, 2020, 05:59:24 PM
Well, China can make an virus but can not make a dang turkey vest.......Just generic made junk. >:(

The problem isn't China making them as much as American businessmen having the Chinese manufacture them to up their profit margin...that's the issue. Shame on them. If they were quality made the profit margin may only be, say, 300 million a year instead of 500 million a year. Do you remember when "Made in Japan" meant garbage (as China now) whereas now it pretty much means quality?

My next turkey vest will be Badlands...I'm pretty sure it's made in USA but I'll check prior to buying. I have a Badlands day pack for deer hunting and it's really quality...none better IMO.

Cowboy

Quote from: Turkeyman on May 05, 2020, 12:44:08 PM
Well, China can make an virus but can not make a dang turkey vest.......Just generic made junk. >:(

The problem isn't China making them as much as American businessmen having the Chinese manufacture them to up their profit margin...that's the issue. Shame on them. If they were quality made the profit margin may only be, say, 300 million a year instead of 500 million a year. Do you remember when "Made in Japan" meant garbage (as China now) whereas now it pretty much means quality?

Agreed

grayfox

This vest should have been recalled long ago. I bought one when they first came out. Loved it while it lasted which was less than 2 weeks. I sent it back & after season went out I received a new one. I started off with it at the first of the next season. Lasted less than a week. Primos has shafted many hunters who bought this piece of junk. I was shocked to see them still selling it this year. I've always liked Primos but they goofed on this one. I now use the Alps Impact along with my Cabela's Tactical Tat'r 2 & one with the kickstand. The Alps seems to be well made & looks like it will last. The only thing I dislike about it is I wish it had more storage space.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Turkeyman on May 05, 2020, 12:44:08 PM

My next turkey vest will be Badlands...I'm pretty sure it's made in USA but I'll check prior to buying. I have a Badlands day pack for deer hunting and it's really quality...none better IMO.
I want to get my hands on the badlands but I bet it's built well

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>