OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Season is Over in GA

Started by ElkTurkMan, May 15, 2011, 03:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElkTurkMan

Well guys our season is done in GA.  Due to some circumstances beyong my control, I didn't get to get out at all this weekend.  It just about killed me.  Anyway Good Luck to those still hunting, and I want to say I have really enjoyed being y'alls teammates!

harvester

Yea the season is for thte most part over here also. Been another good season. I went out this morning just because it was the last day and heard 4 birds. I got set up on one but I heard somebody else calling to it so I just hushed and circle way above the bird. It was on side of a mountain, anyway about the time I was fixen to set up I heard him shoot. So as I was easin back down the ridge the bird was on I could smell that great aroma, burnt gun powder. Anyway to make a long story short it was a good friend of mine, he had missed the bird, first time he had ever missed. We talked for a bit and headed out toward where we parked trying to get on another one. Told him I would help him call if we could get another one fired up but needless to say, we didn't hear another peep. Before I catch all the grief of already being tagged out and still hunting, I wasn't going to shoot the bird if he came to me, I just had to get out their one last time before next spring.

I wish everyone good luck who's season is still going and/or not opened yet. Be safe, have fun and just enjoy Gods creation everytime you are outdoors.

Dustin

unclerick

Turn out the lights,, the party's over....

Wes got him a nice bird yesterday mourning, I'll let him tell the story, my weekend was a bust, I did see 3 longbeards yesterday and heard some gobbling this mourning but other then that, nothing. The Lord did bless me again this year with some firsts and I've seen things that I would never have believed, so I'm blessed, good luck to the rest of you hunting.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

gob09

Quote from: unclerick on May 15, 2011, 10:07:12 PM

Wes got him a nice bird yesterday mourning, I'll let him tell the story, my weekend was a bust, I did see 3 longbeards yesterday and heard some gobbling this mourning but other then that, nothing. The Lord did bless me again this year with some firsts and I've seen things that I would never have believed, so I'm blessed, good luck to the rest of you hunting.
where were you at when you heard gobblin rick lets hear it..........LOL

harvester

Quote from: gob09 on May 18, 2011, 09:10:15 PM

Still waiting.  :bike2:

unclerick

Quote from: gob09 on May 18, 2011, 09:10:15 PM

Your spot

gob09

unclerick

Quote from: gob09 on May 22, 2011, 05:40:06 PM
:goofball: :thanks:
Yes for the last 2 years I have had to go to your secret spots to see birds, hear gobbleing and shoot turkeys, except for this year I didn't shoot one from your "secret spot".