OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 2020 was great but cut short  (Read 1660 times)

Offline 3seasons

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
2020 was great but cut short
« on: April 30, 2020, 06:36:23 PM »
I’ve had a great season but as bad as I hate it I’m having to cut it short along with My big trip with Bradley will have to wait till next year. I contracted this convid-19 from work and it’s whipping me pretty good.  I’m doing better now and have a ways to go but there is no way I can make a trip anywhere else. Best of luck to my hunting bud Bradley on where ever he may end up and best of luck to the rest of you guys on the rest of the rest of the season.

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
Re: 2020 was great but cut short
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 08:59:48 PM »
Well, and I mean this with all sincerity, crap. I hate to hear of anyone contracting the virus and particularly a great team mate. Our company has made accommodations for everyone who wishes to work from home to do so, and it has been a success so far.

I hope that you are able to heroically beat its butt quickly and completely and return to full robust health.

Norman

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline xarcher

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 08:51:46 AM »
Dang Scott.  That's terrible.  Take care of yourself and get back on your feet.  Where is Bradley headed?  I know you were kicking around coming up this way at one point. 

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 07:27:09 PM »
dang it I hope you make a full recovery to chase them again next season!

Offline harleytom

• The Boss Gobbler
    • Tinypic
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 08:37:41 PM »
Take care of yourself. You had a great season, now do what you must to be healthy for next season. Get well soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cramerhunts

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 11:17:19 AM »
As bad as it hurts to cut it short, getting healthy is more important so you can have so many more trips in the future. Prayers sent your way for a fast and full recovery!

Offline BBR12

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 12:16:23 PM »
Dang Scott.  That's terrible.  Take care of yourself and get back on your feet.  Where is Bradley headed?  I know you were kicking around coming up this way at one point.

I'm gonna hit Indiana and if I am lucky enough to kill pretty quick I will head back to MO. I will have 6 days to work with before their seasons close. I debated big time on what to do and where to go after Scott got the Rona. I finally decide to cancel most of my vacation roll it to next year when hopefully things are better. I've surpassed my goal for this year after the corona hit. I didn't figure we would get to travel a whole lot. I was wanting to knock out LA, and get my son a bird. I have been able to do that and also get a bird in AR. Hopefully Indiana will be kind to me and I can add one more state to the list.

They may forget what me and Scott look like at work next April and May. 

Offline 3seasons

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 12:31:59 AM »
Thanks guys  I'm doing much better now  it was pretty rough there for about 8 days. 3 of those were spent in total darkness with zero noise. The headache was brutal like nothing I've ever experienced. The rest of it I could deal with but not the headache.  I get fatigued pretty quick now so there is no way I could chase a bird even if I wanted to, which I so badly do.  Next year I'll be back to 100% and I'll have a pile of vacation to put towards these devil birds if there are any left after this covid season.

Huge congrats to Bradley on his Indiana bird and toad of a Missouri bird. And to his boy on his second bird in MO.  I wasn't able to make the trip but he kept me updated pretty good.

Hope you guys up north can connect with some birds

good luck and stay safe. 

Offline xarcher

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 05:56:22 AM »
Good news.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 09:09:45 AM »
Scott,

So glad to read this update. Many people have overcome the infection, but it still wrecks total havoc on their lives before leaving. Thank you for posting.

Norman

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 09:02:32 AM »
Eat GOOD, take supplements for energy and move around as much as possible for as long as possible.   Like training for a marathon, push to that edge and rest, then do it again until you can go without getting fatigued.   Fight it. Don't lay around as much as you feel you need to.  Maybe ask your dr for the treatments the dems are fighting tooth and nail that are WORKING too.  Good luck and I hope you get better soon! 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.