OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: I hate this  (Read 1205 times)

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
I hate this
« on: April 30, 2020, 01:03:45 PM »
I pulled out all the stops today and went hard on a place that has always held a great population of birds in the past, in the past, in the past. Today it was dead silent.  Just like all of the other places that I hunted this year. To be fair to the birds, I was able to get one bird to gobble early on, but 5 other follow up visits in his neck of the woods left me scratching my poor head. To also pile onto my woes, my local secret hotspot was wiped out by a vicious windstorm that inflicted much more damage than did Hurricane Katrina. I suspect that the woods will not be suitable for turkey hunting for about 10 years. The good news is that it should be superb for deer and squirrels.

So my 2020 season is finished with nothing to make a sandwich out of. It happens, but that doesn't make it much easier. I am still here to cheer this team on with the great news that we are in a good position to take the crown this year. Just hunt like you always do, and target the biggest and most arrogant rascals that you run up against.

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline 3seasons

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
Re: I hate this
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 06:32:50 PM »
I sure hate to hear that about your land. But maybe it will surprise you. We had a swath of bad tornadoes rip through the places I hunt one time and it actually made it better a few years later. Hoping that’s the case in your honey hole.

Offline cramerhunts

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 11:19:09 AM »
I hate it for you! It hurts as I’ve been there before but it makes the next successful season so much sweeter.

Offline TKE921

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 04:55:43 PM »
Sorry to hear this FC