turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Double Bull Blind Rods

Started by SinGin, April 26, 2020, 09:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinGin

I have an original Double Bull blind and need to replace some rods. I called Primos and they said they would warrant them but wanted $20 to ship them. Maybe I'm just being cheap but was wondering if anyone new of somewhere to buy some rods and cut them myself? I have bubble gummed the broke ones back together with some older rods I had, just need to see if they will hold.  Thanks Sam

MK M GOBL

Where did you buy your blind, We have a supply of them at the store. Most of the Double Bull Dealers have them, we normally fix on-site for our customers. Does yours have the ends with the "T's"? Other wise they are fiberglass poles, would just need to get right diameter. The ends are easy enough to take off.

MK M GOBL

SinGin

It's an old T-5 I believe. The rods are fiberglass. Anytime I break one I just drill out the ball,on the end and cut the rod smooth and Reglue them with epoxy. Sometime you get one a bit short and it won't work like it needs to. I was just wondering if anyone had an idea where to buy the rods and I could cut them myself

MK M GOBL

Maybe the "electric fence" fiberglass rods would work from a farm supply store, would have to check diameter.

MK M GOBL

SinGin

Never new they even existed all though I have heard of bank poles used for fishing. Thanks for the info, I'll check that out

Southerngobbler

Depending on what length you need, you can use driveway markers you buy at Home depot or Lowes. Sometimes they,re a little smaller diameter but they work fine and only cost a few dollars.

SinGin

I'll check them out, thanks for the info.

jordanz7935

Quote from: MK M GOBL on April 26, 2020, 11:11:51 PM
Maybe the "electric fence" fiberglass rods would work from a farm supply store, would have to check diameter.

These work with most blinds, and is definitely the cheapest way to repair them. I've used them on rhino blinds , newer double bulls, and my promos vision blind. I'm not familiar with the older T5 , but would bet the electric fence rods will work. Just need a drill, hacksaw, gorilla glue and some black spraypaint.

SinGin

The T-5 is a 5 hub style blind, Just different window locations.

Vintage

That's why I save the rod's from my old blind's.

cuppednlocked

I broke 2 rods and ordered a few from Primos.  Ended up getting some extra spare rods and hubs since I was paying the shipping.  They even threw in an extra set of poles or hub (can't remember).  I think they took pity on my since I jacked up the blind.

Tom007

I replaced one of mine with the fiberglass rods you use to mark curbs for snow plowing. Worked great.....

Kytomgetter

I called them way back and ordered an extra few so I would have them since I was paying shipping anyways

arrow1

I did the same.  I think I got enough rods for a lifetime for cost of shipping.  Disassembly of the hub is fairly simply and videos can be found online. I wrap the new rod with tape where I need to cut and use a hacksaw. A couple times I broke rods it was always due to snowload and I didnt want to take blind down for fear of boogering the deer I was hunting. I love my Double Bull blind. Killed a couple bucks from it and it adds a new dimension to bow hunting.  With rain in the forecast for opening weekend turkey season I'll likely be hunkered down in it.

tnanh

There was a you tube video of someone using the driveway markers. Guess it is still on there. I saw it a couple years ago.