OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: PA Public Tips  (Read 2057 times)

Offline WVbwhntr

PA Public Tips
« on: April 26, 2020, 04:58:39 PM »
Hey everyone! Just wondering if someone could shed some light on good hunting in PA close to WV, preferably in 2C. Would like to make a couple weekend trips. Not looking for exact locations just areas that have turkey. Thanks!

Online WildSpur

• Longbeard
Re: PA Public Tips
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 06:22:56 PM »
I hunt 2c.  There is good bird hunting all around.  I am not sure of what you are used to in WV however be prepared to only hear 1-2 birds in the morning.  Its big and vast however overall numbers are not that high.  As well--dont give up if you don't hear anything.  I have had some great buzzer beater hunts...sometimes I did not hear my first bird until after 11.  Lastly...you will experience really heavy fog in the mornings at times.  Alot of times it does not bother the birds. 

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Offline WVbwhntr

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 06:32:03 PM »
Thank you WildSpur!

Offline Cketch80

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 12:00:36 PM »
If you download the onX or huntstand app it will give you public land maps. I used it this year to hunt public land West Virginia for the first time. PA has alot of great state lands to hunt. My property borders pa 179 and there are a lot of bird about and surprising not alot of hunters utilize them. It's in 2A which covers most of Greene county. It's not 2c but it's not far. Hope that helps ya