Timney triggers

Started by Passport, April 26, 2020, 02:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Passport

Just put the sear/spring kit in my 870.

WORTH IT!

Just thought you should know....

mullet dredge

Pretty straightforward job for a novice? The stock trigger in my 870 20ga compact is garbage....

Fl strutter

I have them in 2 Remington and bout to add them to 2 new 1187 compacts absolutely love them

bobk

Put  Timey spring/ sear kits  in several Remington 870's.
Simple to install and makes a tremendous  improvement to the trigger.

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: mullet dredge on April 26, 2020, 02:25:24 PM
Pretty straightforward job for a novice? The stock trigger in my 870 20ga compact is garbage....
Yes, pretty straightforward.  Just follow the directions and look carefully at the pictures.
There is a good video on the Timney site.

huntinsomd

Is the 1187 kit just as easy to install as the 870? I heard it's a little more complicated.

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: huntinsomd on April 26, 2020, 03:14:17 PM
Is the 1187 kit just as easy to install as the 870? I heard it's a little more complicated.
It's the same kit.  I've done one of each and I don't recall there being any difference, and in both cases made a great improvement over the stock trigger.

huntinsomd

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on April 26, 2020, 04:25:15 PM
It's the same kit.  I've done one of each and I don't recall there being any difference, and in both cases made a great improvement over the stock trigger.

Thanks!

Passport

Install is easy. Watch the u tube videos a few times. Takes 10-15 mins on your 1st one.

dzsmith

870,1187,742,7600 all have the same trigger group. or they did at one time.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

dzsmith

quickest and cheapest way to improve an 870 trigger is to simply replace the spring. ive had mcarbo springs in both my 870s. and now have another manufacturers springs in mine. both guns are around the 3-3.5lb mark which is about as light as I want my shotgun. I guess you could have a trigger with an extreme amount of creep .....that would be the only reason I could see spending 100 bucks on a timney vs 5 bucks on the springs I bought. with the excpetion of mcarbo which were 12 bucks. Personally I did my sear and hammer work myself to get rid of the little bit of creep I had....but I understand not all are willing to risk doing that. for what its worth purchasing another entire trigger group assembly on ebay if you mess it up is cheaper than the timney kit so to me it was worth it.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."