turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

1st bird with 20 ga. TSS

Started by gleezer, April 26, 2020, 01:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gleezer

Got my first turkey using TSS from a 20 ga Win SXP. Only my second turkey with this gun. Now the range wasn't far, lead loads would have worked too, but this bird fell like a sack of potatoes. No kick, no flop. Nothing. 33 yrds. Federal Premium Heavyweight TSS # 7. I was impressed. Was using a Carlsons Longbeard choke tube  .568 constriction. Was opening day Sat. here in Ontario. Our season runs through to the end of May. Got lots of time to fill out my second tag. Good luck to all my fellow turkey hunters this season. Be safe.

p.s. 20 lbs. 9" beard  1 1/8 spurs. 

ltprod

Awesome
Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mossberg90MN

Nice! I too took a bird using Apex #9s TSS and the bird was dead as soon as the trigger was pulled. Stone cold dead. I also think the bbs go right through because I couldn't find any.

It was maybe a 35 yard shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Yoteduster

DUCKDIGGLER

NightHawk24

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your bird!! I got my first 20 ga. TSS gobbler last week.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Jroddc

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Vintage

GobblerReaper

Sweet and good to hear. Thinking of going to a 20 next year and trying out the TSS.

Spitten and drummen

20 ga with Tss is a gobblers nightmare. Congrats!
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE