OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Congrats guys!!  (Read 1956 times)

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
Congrats guys!!
« on: April 24, 2020, 06:53:00 PM »
We have an extremely firm grip on last place in the contest!! Hopefully you guys are going to start schwacking some high scoring gobblers soon. :icon_thumright:
I'm done. I'm out of time and out of places to hunt. Good luck guys!! Start laying them low. And stay safe brothers!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Congrats guys!!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 03:21:47 PM »
Well, we're moving on up now that we've got a couple more gobblers. A couple of more nice ones and we'll be out of last place!!
Keep up the good work guys, and above all else, stay safe!!

Offline Hayudog

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 11:43:38 PM »
Yikes.
 Never seen the view from down here.   I'm done for my California birds.  Won't take any more from this ranch. Headed back to Idaho to close it our, but don't expect a better Merriums in the mountains, they just don't get that big. Easterns can have poundage and length I just don't compete with.

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 10:17:01 AM »
You've done your part Doug. Now we need the rest of our team to come out of hiding.
You're right, it's uncharacteristic for us to be in last place. We're usually in the Top 5 somewhere.

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 10:54:12 PM »
We're nipping at the heels of 3 different teams. One more good gobbler and we'll no longer be in last place!! C'mon guys!!! Choot 'em!!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Offline Twowithone

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 06:56:07 AM »
Do coyotes count got my first ever on opening day. Out yesterday and the birds had lockjaw for some reason. Got car stuff tday so Ill be out hopefully on Thursday.   :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 10:27:37 AM »
Good job on the yote!! Kill every one of them that you see!! Good luck when you get back out!!

Offline Mountainburd

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 05:34:09 AM »
Good job on the yote Brian...looks like the team needs one more bird to get out of the cellar.  Keep at it guys.

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 10:43:44 AM »
Da da!!! We're not in last place anymore thanks to Doc J!! :icon_thumright:
We're now in next to last place!! Most teams are in the upper 400's to 500's. I guess all the stay at home non-essentials were out turkey hunting, while you guys were putting it on the line. With an upgrade or 2, and a couple of surprise harvests by our MIA members and we could be back in it. But this late in the season that doesn't seem likely. Good luck guys and stay safe brothers!! :firefighter: :policeman:

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 04:44:16 PM »
Well, we're still in next to last place by 41 points!!!
I guess that's better than last place!!! Good luck to anyone still hunting!! :policeman: :firefighter:

Offline Will

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 07:49:39 AM »
Still trying to get it done in PA.

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020, 01:12:19 AM »
Good luck Will!!

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2020, 06:50:41 PM »
Well, looks like we came in last place for this season. Pretty disappointing, and definitely not our normal showing. Pretty frustrating too that a lot of our team was MIA for most or all of the season.
Covid19 hit us pretty hard with closed states, cancelled hunts, extended duty and cancelled leave time. On the bright side, we're all safe and no one caught the Rona. I'll take that as a consolation prize.
Be safe brothers!! :firefighter: :policeman:

Offline Hayudog

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2020, 10:28:04 AM »
As said above. Not the best season because of travel restrictions, but on the bright side... shot 3 birds, new son in law is now hunting and got his first gobbler, and Ragan is now a turkey hunter. And got her shooting a rifle at Whistle Pigs (Idaho ground squirrels). 
Weather and travel closures closed out the last week of Idaho season, so tag soup there.  First time in the 7 years I’ve had an Idaho tag it didn’t get filled. Found out there are very few birds in the mountains close to home.  Better plans next year. 

Thanks Jim for leading the team. And thanks for those still on the job for being on the front line for all this craziness going on. 

Have a safe summer guys.  Start planning for next year! 
Doug

Offline TrackeySauresRex

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2020, 11:38:04 PM »
Well, looks like we came in last place for this season. Pretty disappointing, and definitely not our normal showing. Pretty frustrating too that a lot of our team was MIA for most or all of the season.
Covid19 hit us pretty hard with closed states, cancelled hunts, extended duty and cancelled leave time. On the bright side, we're all safe and no one caught the Rona. I'll take that as a consolation prize.
Be safe brothers!! :firefighter: :policeman:

Good thing everyone gets a trophy  :funnyturkey: One of these seasons we’ll get it together. Thank you Captain JimBo!
Always a great job with the team. Next season ticker tape parade for Guns-N-Hoses!
B-Well All
Johnny
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."