OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Yingling and lil gun...

Started by Goblen, April 24, 2020, 11:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goblen

There is nothing like the sound of gobbler fired up on the roost to the sweet music of a Yingling call, and the smell of lil gun early in the morning. I got tight on what I call the X. X=landing zone. The tom I was after is one lucky boy for sure. I've been in his wheelhouse a few times this season. Almost always his hens have seen that something is not right. They didn't see a hen but hear a hen. Then they get buggerd up and he doesn't come in to see what is the matter. He knows better then that. So I wait for the Turkeys to get going good on the limb and wait maybe 5 mins. or so. I give them two clucks on the Curly koa crystal and then three clucks on the osage glass, with the dymond wood striker. Big boy is 50 yards to my 4 o'clock. Two other Tom's are 300 to 350 yards to my 10 o'clock. The big tom pitches down 15 yards to my right and is gobbing like crazy. A hen lands 45 yards in front of me. The Tom doesn't move. Just hammering away. Then a jake and another hen pitch down near the first hen. The two Tom's from way off had flew in and now are 70 or so yards to my left. The big tom walks off and never gave me a shot. As the two Tom's are approaching. They get between me and the hens too run off this jake. I pick out what looks like the leader of this gang at 35yards. The smell of lil gun powder and this magnificent tom are what concludes my early morning hunt.

I contacted Mike several weeks ago, and talked to him about some calls. After seeing a KOA and Osage call he had made. He builds me these two fine calls , bloodwood , black locast, and two piece dymond wood strikers I have called up Turkeys several times already with them. Mike thanks again for your talented craftsmanship.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Tunaguy

" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

RutnNStrutn

Congrats!! Sounds like a great hunt!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

JeffC

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Beards and Hooks

Tom007

Congrats, great picture, well done.....

Greg Massey

Harty

Congrats! Mikes calls are killers

Yoteduster

Swenny

mtns2hunt

Like the story and pics - congrats!
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

greencop01

Congrats, nice bird and nice calls!
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

blazer29

Enjoyed the story! Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Congrats man. I happen to be a fan of Mikes calls as well. They've served me very well over the years and keep birds in my freezer.

Goblen

Quote from: wvmntnhick on April 25, 2020, 02:36:29 PM
Congrats man. I happen to be a fan of Mikes calls as well. They've served me very well over the years and keep birds in my freezer.

I've seen your Yingling calls in a few posts before. This post would be a good thread to post mine.