turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

MY SON COLE

Started by catdaddy, May 14, 2011, 06:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catdaddy

Some of you that have been on this board for a while have seen my son Cole grow up via the pics and stories I have posted. He is a good son and doesn't give me any trouble. He is 14 now, but once when he was about 7 I took him to a dinner party with me. A lady came up to me and asked what my secret was to have such a well behaved son. I gave her an answer without even thinking. I responded" I  didn't give him any other options"

Cole has been busy the last few weeks. I thought I'd share a few pics with you.

04/25/11 Cole with a convincing 1st round win at the Memphis University School tennis tournament. He shut his opponent out 8 games to 0

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER award 2011  St George's middle school tennis

Cole took the "International Language Exam" a while back. The test was taken by over 135,000 students in 18 countries. Cole scored in the top 1% in Latin. For this he received the "Magnum Cum Laude" award. At the awards ceremony, Cole had the honor of giving part of the liturgy entirely in Latin. He was fretting over doing it the night before and I gave him some good advice "Don't sweat it man—whose gonna know if you mess up?? He also scored in the top 6% in Spanish. I can't translate this award to know what it says. The head master (we used to call them the "principal") did make special note that Cole was the only student to win an award in two separate languages.

Cole killed this nice gobbler the Saturday before Easter. We had to get up especially early since I knew we had to cross a wide open cow pasture well before first light. Our efforts paid off. I coaxed the gobbler in from 100 yards away with some sweet yelps and purrs with my favorite new call---A Mother Lode slate. Cole laid him out with a Rem 20 guage pump at 25 yards. It was a good day.

TRKYHTR

Cole is growing up. The memories that you two have shared will last forever. Congrats to you and your wife on raising him right.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

CASH

That's cool Tom.  I know you're proud.  I love the advice about him messing up in Latin.  You're right, who's gonna know?  LOL
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

flintlock

He is knocking it down!  Way to go Cole.

Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

LX_Trkyhntr

Way to go Cole!!  :you_rock: :you_rock: I am proud of you buddy!!  You are growing up to be a fine  young man!

Catdaddy, you have done well my friend!

God Bless,

Stephan
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

vaturkey

Congrats Cole on all of your accomplishments this year !! Tom, it was a pleasure meeting you & Cole in Nashville in Feb. God Bless you & your family my friend !   

Ricky     :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Old Gobbler

Tom , your son is Gold !!!!  you have every right to be proud !  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Preacher

and to think about the only trouble he has ever goten in ,  He was with my boy Jake.    I still laugh about that.   
Romans 8:37

redarrow

Thanks Tom for allowing Cole to hang out with us. You done good Tom,real good. Congrats Cole.you da man.

hobbes

That's great Catdaddy!  Congrats to Cole on his accomplishments.  Its great to be able to get it done on the court or in the field, but to add getting it done in the classroom is a great achievment.

Woodsman4God

Mighty fine son you have there Tom.  :z-winnersmiley:

TnTurk

I know your proud of him. Congrats on all his accomplishments.   :happy0064:

Shotgun

Sounds like he has been brought up well

Tail Feathers

You are a rightfully proud pop. :you_rock:

My kid made inmate of the month last month... :bike2: :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Hognutz

Tom.. You have every right to be proud of that boy. I can guarantee that he will do you proud as he grows. It is fun to get to follow him through all of his endeavors. Congrats to Cole, and to his parents for molding him into the man that he will be.. Sooner that later.. Well done....Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.