OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A Bow Bird First!

Started by MK M GOBL, April 23, 2020, 04:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK M GOBL

Made a plan last night to try and video a hunt for a buddy taking his first bird with the bow.

Started out with a morning full of gobbles, as birds hit the ground they moved off with hens but kept vocal, gobbling was all around us. Had a bird answer in the valley below us around 8:30a, about 15 minutes later the bird gobbles and is closer, hit him with another call and tom gobbles right back and closing in, wait a few and hit him once more and the gobble cuts off the yelping, we hear him drumming and is right behind us, once more and next the tom appears to the right of the blind and CLOSE! He put the shot on him at 5 yards and smoked him, bird maybe went 10-12 yards and just tipped over, DONE!

I captured it all on film and to say he may have been just a bit excited, he has been waiting for this moment for the past few years, I was lucky enough to be there today!

MK M GOBL

Sir-diealot

Congratulations to him, very happy for him, something I have been wanting to do since 97
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

NightHawk24

Congrats to him on a nice one!

Greg Massey

PharmHunter

Awesome, look forward to seeing the video!

Yoteduster

Congrats on a really nice bird

1iagobblergetter

Congrats. Looks like a good one..

oakraidia

Congrats to you both!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Magdump

Excellent work!

Btw, what broadhead?

Chris O

Congrats it's fun seeing others get excited

RutnNStrutn

Sounds like a great hunt!! Congrats!!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Harty

Congrats ! First bow bird is always special!

Tom007

Trophy x 10. Congrats...

Ol timer

Congrats on your first bow turkey kill never a easy feat to do well done,

tomstopper

Very cool. Congrats to you both