Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Dilemma

Started by zelmo1, April 21, 2020, 09:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

I am struggling with this guys. A couple ways. My wife gave up an easy shot last year so our daughter could shoot a Tom, neither had ever shot a tom before. She got it and then my wife and I shot a tom and jake a few mins later. She shot the jake and I went last. So, I owe her a tom this year. Here is the one I am struggling with. The spot we tripled on last year is a friends property that he doesn't turkey hunt on, but his dad does. I have been given permission to hunt there any time. Do I take my child there on youth weekend, or do I wait and take my wife there on opening day next week. I have other good spots, but this spot is a truly high success rate probability. I don't want to hose my friends dad either, but he usually shows up after 9 and walks the perimeter road. I am really torn here guys. I don't need to shoot a bird here, but my wife earned a tom last year. Oh, to add to the misery, there are three 3plus year olds on this property. Just looking for opinions. Thanks, Al

3bailey3

Take your daughter on youth then your wife on the opener, just get it all done before 9.

xarcher

I am available to break the tie.

Since that probably won't happen, lean towards the youth.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Chris O

Quote from: 3bailey3 on April 21, 2020, 03:56:59 PM
Take your daughter on youth then your wife on the opener, just get it all done before 9.
I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelmo1

Well , I think the decision has been made by the kid, lol. She wants to go after "Kong", a big guy who is close to our favorite spot. She wants to call him in herself too. I will be the chauffeur and moral support I guess. Not a bad choice. He would have been my choice too, lol. So the pressure is off. Thank God