turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nice double

Started by Sanatorium, April 19, 2020, 03:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanatorium

Aside from a single yote I took early in the evening I ended up with a double on the 4th and final set. My 6.5 bolt gun was hot last night...gearing up for another round tonight if the wind dies down...

#sendit

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

1iagobblergetter

Looks like your putting a thinning out on them.

Tom007

Get rid of all of them. Congrats

Sir-diealot

Congratulations. Out of season for me now.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sanatorium

Doing my best to rid my area of them.
These were all taken within 2 miles of my home area.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Sanatorium on April 19, 2020, 03:33:16 PM
Doing my best to rid my area of them.
These were all taken within 2 miles of my home area.

We never did end up doing any calling, got a few in traps and a few chasing them with dogs.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sanatorium

I dont do much if any trapping.  I enjoy going out and calling them. I use a savage 6.5 tactical with a pulsar thermal on top...kinda over kill. But when I was out last night I can see turkeys roasted in the trees kinda like they were cheering me on

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Sanatorium on April 19, 2020, 03:42:53 PM
I dont do much if any trapping.  I enjoy going out and calling them. I use a savage 6.5 tactical with a pulsar thermal on top...kinda over kill. But when I was out last night I can see turkeys roasted in the trees kinda like they were cheering me on

That's the kinda audience you want! I am not interested in thermal myself, not knocking at all, just not my thing, I do want to get a nice scope mounted light for my .243 Winchester, it has a 50mm scope on it so I think I may have a harder search on my hands. I would love to use a gun I got when my uncle died because it would not rip up the fur as much, but do not want to mar the scope on it in any way.

John Koenig:

Sanatorium

You can get a nice atn 4k 3 to 14 for about 500 but the IR light that comes with it sucks so I'd put a nightsnipe 550 IR on and and can identify targets out to 300 easy with it

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Sanatorium on April 19, 2020, 03:49:36 PM
You can get a nice atn 4k 3 to 14 for about 500 but the IR light that comes with it sucks so I'd put a nightsnipe 550 IR on and and can identify targets out to 300 easy with it

I am looking to get this kit with both red and green lights on it.

John Koenig:

Sanatorium

That will work as well...with the green you can see farther

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Sanatorium on April 19, 2020, 03:53:05 PM
That will work as well...with the green you can see farther

I use a green when I walk into the woods both turkey and deer hunting. I know that a white light will spook them and it makes to sense to me to walk in to hunt turkey with a red light when we know they see red.

John Koenig: