North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Shot Placement

Started by WyoHunter, February 12, 2011, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where do you hold your point of aim on an alert gobbler?

Head
Middle of neck
Base of neck
Somewhere else?
Shoot over top - hunt him another day

hobbes

Middle of the neck/wattles somewhere in there.  as long as I'm on something between his head and wattle he's dead.  The low neck/body shots on the videos drive me crazy.  Then their next segment is about how great their scope is........really?  You just blew his wing butt off.

turkey slayer

DC1.

I put the bead right under his waddles . :jesus-cross:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

TnTurk

Knowing where my POI is at 20, 30, and 40 yards, I just aim so that the top of my pattern rips across the top of his head.

njdevilsb

joshua

Aim where the skin meets the feathers.  If you pull a little high then this gives you a little room for error.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Flydown

Quote from: hobbes on February 12, 2011, 09:57:15 PM
Middle of the neck/wattles somewhere in there.  as long as I'm on something between his head and wattle he's dead.  The low neck/body shots on the videos drive me crazy.  Then their next segment is about how great their scope is........really?  You just blew his wing butt off.

He said wing butt.  :TooFunny:

HOOKS1

Wattles.

Flydown

HARDCORE

TURKEYWHACKER

Middle of the neck for me. Gives a little wiggle room in case he moves a bit during the shot. At close range my turkey slayer throws a pretty snug pattern and I want more to aim at than a bobbin' head.

Green Buffalo

Quote from: joshua on February 13, 2011, 12:22:46 AM
Aim where the skin meets the feathers.  If you pull a little high then this gives you a little room for error.

Same here  :fud:

surehuntsalot

middle of neck where skin meets feathers
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Dan Mallia

Quote from: jakesdad on February 12, 2011, 07:14:09 PM
I usually hold for the middle of the neck or a touch lower,maybe where skin meets feathers.I dont think I could ever intentionally body shoot a turkey.

X2  :z-guntootsmiley: