OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester 1300

Started by Razorback22, April 13, 2020, 10:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback22

Shooting a Winchester NWTF 1300 with 22" barrel with an Indian creek 660 and Burris FF3. Just shot my last tss load on a turkey and needing to go buy more shells. Was looking for a shell to shoot thats easily available to purchase in my local stores. Hevi Shot or Winchester longbeards. I tried some #5 longbeards and it wasn't very great. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildSpur

Not sure of you locale...you maybe limited to magblends and LB 5's.   

You maybe slightly tight for the magblends.  You might be just right for LB 6 if you can find them. 

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Razorback22

Appreciate it. I know I can get my hands on some 3" 2oz #7 Hevi Shot. Possibly some #6 longbeards. Rather than buying 5 different boxes of shells and trying to figure out what's best in the middle of season Id like to see what seems to be a fairly consistent load out of this little setup or something similar.

FL-Boss

HEVI #7 would be my first choice in my 1300, assuming I could not get Federal #9 or #7 TSS

Razorback22

Picked up 2 boxes of Hevi Shot 3" 2oz #7's. Shot this evening and it seemed to be decent enough to hunt with. 108 hits inside 8" circle. Roughly 60 more hits on the outside of it. Probably could improve it cleaning barrel and some slight adjustments to my ff3. Appreciate the help