OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SCOPE FOR TURKEY GUN

Started by captfire, April 13, 2020, 09:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captfire

I'AM WANTING TO PUT A SCOPE ON MY TURKEY GUN ANY ONE KNOW OF A GOOD ONE I DON'T WANT PUT SINK A LOT OF $$ IN ONE. ANY ONE EVERY USE A TRUGLO STRUT-RUT ,,,

Yoteduster

Burris fast fire 3 is a great scope and hard to beat

muskyjunky

I have a Tru-glo Gobble Stopper. I've had it for 3 years now and can say I really like it a lot. The detachable extension for sunny days on field hunts is really nice.

turkeymanjim

Quote from: Yoteduster on April 13, 2020, 11:34:28 PM
Burris fast fire 3 is a great scope and hard to beat
I second that. Great customer service.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Gobble!

captfire

ABOUT 100.00 BUCKS WILL THAT GET A GOOD ONE..

kyturkeyhunter4

Get you a Simmons Prodiamond to put on it I've got a couple I love them there the older ones that was made in the Philippines the new ones  are junk. I've bought a couple of mine on eBay for around $75 bucks

blake_08

x2 on the Simmons Pro Diamond. I have a fixed 4x scope on my 870 supermag and love it. No batteries or switches to work with and after 3 years of 3.5" 2oz longbeard loads it's still holding together and holding zero. I paid around $60 from amazon and another $25 for medium scope rings for it. Should get you about where you want to be as far as money goes. If you're already drilled and tapped for a scope that is.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: kyturkeyhunter4 on April 14, 2020, 11:32:12 AM
Get you a Simmons Prodiamond to put on it I've got a couple I love them there the older ones that was made in the Philippines the new ones  are junk. I've bought a couple of mine on eBay for around $75 bucks

Simmons discontinued the pro diamond I believe. I have searched high and low for another and cannot locate one. If anyone knows where I can get one please let me know.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Greg Massey

Nikon Turkey Pro and Simmons pro diamond ...

trkehunr93

Simmons pro diamond, if you can find one.  Look into Konus, I have one on my muzzleloader.  They make a shotgun scope if I'm not mistaken.  The Simmons can't be beat though. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK M GOBL

25 years and never an issue! Bushnell Trophy Shotgun Scope w/Circle X Reticle 1.75-4x32 ($130)

I call it "The Circle of Death"

MK M GOBL

Old Gobbler

My eyes aren't the best , in fact there pretty bad ...I used to swear I wouldn't use a scope ,...about ten years ago I got a  bushnell slug gun spope with a plex reticle and loved it it was a 100 dollar scope and my aim got very accurate and FAST target acquisition.....then about 8 years ago I upgraded to a BURRIS M-TAC illuminated scope ...this this is so nice .....if i ever lost the scope i would run out and get another

Believe it or not it make the close in 10 yard shots easy
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Old Gobbler

Quote from: MK M GOBL on April 14, 2020, 07:24:50 PM
25 years and never an issue! Bushnell Trophy Shotgun Scope w/Circle X Reticle 1.75-4x32 ($130)

I call it "The Circle of Death"

MK M GOBL
I think that's the one I had , its very nice

The thing about a scope is that you dont have to rely on batteries , and I have a peek through saddle mount and can use that as a reference point and/or backup
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Plush

Quote from: muskyjunky on April 14, 2020, 06:32:11 AM
I have a Tru-glo Gobble Stopper. I've had it for 3 years now and can say I really like it a lot. The detachable extension for sunny days on field hunts is really nice.

This sight was all fun and games for me until I had it in cold weather. Anywhere between 8-25 degrees it started not working. The red dot with fade away to nothing. I had to keep my hand over the battery area to keep it warm enough incase I had to use it. The only bonus is on my shotgun there is actually enough of a space between the scope and rail that I could actually use the iron sights if need be (barely though).

I will go to a regular shotgun scope or the iron sights after the year. Gave it a try, but a cheap red dot like this is just asking for trouble. I also have the one the OP mentioned...haven't put it on a gun though and the reviews also seem a bit sketchy.