turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Realtree Timber Vs New MossyOak Bottomland

Started by gdc23, April 13, 2020, 04:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdc23

What do you guys think looks better, Realtree Timber or New MossyOak Bottomland. Although the birds probably could care less, it seems Timber would break up your outline a little better

Sir-diealot

I think their both almost as ugly as I am, I do think the Timber would have better use here in the North than the New Bottomland though. I think it would be in reverse in the South.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Happy on April 13, 2020, 05:47:50 PM
I have found that I look amazing in both!
Are you looking with or without your glasses on?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Happy

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 13, 2020, 05:58:26 PM
It's my story, I will tell it how I want

StruttinGobbler3

Since I hunt in the south, I personally prefer bottomland although camo pattern doesn't make any difference aside from our own preference. Just wear a dark drab color or pattern and SIT STILL. With that said, it's soon to be late April and late season in the south. Therefore I'm currently searching for a pair of drawers in bottomland, as that's the only thing I'll be wearing to hunt in by May. Gets hot down here.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Happy on April 13, 2020, 06:31:31 PM
Sorry, I did not mean to step on your "Creative License"

John Koenig:

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 13, 2020, 07:14:17 PM
Six of one, half dozen of the other. I prefer the mossy oak but mostly because I won't buy much of anything realtree unless it's dirt cheap. And for early deer hunting, I'm thinking that just going with neutral colors I'd more than fine. I know turkeys have walked right to me while gun hunting for deer wearing blaze orange. I bought a set of nomad NWTF stuff last year or the year before. Just pulled it out. It looks nice but in the end, it won't much matter. Sit still and pick your poison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 13, 2020, 07:14:17 PM
It's ok. As I tell my kids, if you can't believe in yourself then dont expect anyone else to.

Kytomgetter

I like the looks of the RT Timber. Not a big fan of the new Bottomland but the old Bottomland is my favorite. Don't really see the purpose of the new bottomland. Just my 2cents.

mudhen

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Remturkey

Just got a set of the Browning Wasatch in RT Timber.  Wore it Saturday here in Maryland with my son on youth day and I really liked the way I thought it looked setting up against a tree.

dzsmith

real tree timber is a sharp pattern. but ive always been loyal to mossy oak as they are a Mississippi company and I happen to reside there. Not to mention the bottomland is not a specific pattern of anything therefore it works with everything , the real tree is legitimately a photo image of bark. looks sweet though.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

FLGobstopper

The RT Timber looks like it could be a great pattern for setting up in some of the freshly burned wide open pine woods I've been hunting a lot lately.

Turkeyman

Just dig out your Crumley's Trebark from the late '70s...looks pretty much the same.