turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite hunting pants?

Started by struttandrutt, April 12, 2020, 11:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

struttandrutt

What's your favorite hunting pants? Seems like an odd question but I've tried several and before spending more coin I would like to hear some reviews. I have worn the mossy oak Tibee or cottons for a while. Tried ol toms and they ripped pretty quick but I liked the pants and knee pad. What say you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Ones that still fit my fat Butt, as I've gotten older.. :TooFunny:

davisd9

Dark brown wrangler outdoor pants from Walmart. Fit good, brown and blends in the shadows, and they are not hot. Most camo pants are too loose and baggy which makes them hot.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Sir-diealot

This year my favorites are the ones that don't fall down, I will have my landlords granddaughter along and I don't want to get evicted!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

TauntoHawk

I wear my first lite kanabs from 30-75 degrees only on the warmest days do I switch to a thinner cooler pair of pants. Wouldn't be my first choice for down south but where I'm at I regularly run into morning temps in the 30's and 40s with temp spikes in the afternoon

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

buzzardroost

Underarmour storm cargo pants in green.

Sixes

By far, my favorites are the old Trek Lite pants that zip off to shorts.

I probably own 12-15 pairs of them that I bought on clearance years ago. Durable, won't fade, and super comfortable.  I wish they were still made. I've got a few that have become permanent shorts after losing the legs off them.

If not wearing those pants, I hunt in Ol Tom overalls, but they were discontinued too.

Anything that I really like seems to get discontinued, so I have learned over the years to buy more than one.

sswv

I stopped wearing pants for hunting years ago. Bibs only for me. Cotton when it's warm and a variety of insulated bibs for the colder weather.  Keeping the pants in place when hunting was awful but the bibs stopped that.

Mossberg90MN

I have the mossy oak cotton mill pants. Haven't tried them hunting yet. But last year I just used some good ol fashioned mossy oak wal mart pants. I think they're just some camo jeans with break up country.

I have a full scent locker suit which is the jacket top and bibs. These are real good at keeping the heat in. Mainly use it for deer hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owlhoot

Cotton bibs , sprayed down with tick spray and ready to go. Rain gear over if chilly out or its a raining.

Old Timer

wrangler camo double knee jeans.

mcw3734

Military BDU surplus in woodland camo.

Spring Creek Calls

By far the most comfortable pants I've ever worn, Sitka Mountain Pants. Knee pads, stretch material, lots of pockets with zippers and quiet snaps. They are expensive but one of the best hunting purchases I've made.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

goblr77

Sitka Apex pants. They stretch, aren't baggy, and feel like a pair of pajamas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SteelCityArcher

I'm a bigger guy (6'4 275lbs) and I am hell on clothes.  Then I stumbled upon Pnuma Outdoors. Their clothing carries a Lifetime Guarantee. That alone sold me, but the quality of their clothing is second to none. It is expensive, but worth every penny. Forgot to mention, their Customer Service is top-notch as well.

Here is a link to their pants and Lifetime Guarantee.

https://www.pnumaoutdoors.com/shop-now/hunting-pants

https://www.pnumaoutdoors.com/lifetime-guarantee/

Check out their YouTube videos with detailed descriptions of their clothing. They are well-done.

-SCA
"I will not tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death."

Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.
No Guns. No peace. No safety.