OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Waterproof striker!??

Started by Trevor2, April 11, 2020, 09:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

Alright guys, I acquired a striker from this site few years back that has been my go to striker ever since on every pot call I have. I dropped it somewhere yesterday somehow, and I'm looking for the maker hopefully to get another. It was wooden striker and pretty sure the tip was jb weld! Thanks for any info
Strutstopper

howl

Common type from a lot of makers. The one I have was from Olin Humphries. olinscustomcalls.com but that's not the only one. I think I had one years ago from K&H.

Turkeytider

Quote from: Trevor2 on April 11, 2020, 09:48:40 PM
Alright guys, I acquired a striker from this site few years back that has been my go to striker ever since on every pot call I have. I dropped it somewhere yesterday somehow, and I'm looking for the maker hopefully to get another. It was wooden striker and pretty sure the tip was jb weld! Thanks for any info

I bet there`s enough paraphernalia laying out in the turkey woods to open a turkey hunting supply house that would rival Midwest! LOL

Greg Massey

If your in the market for New one .. Pecker Wrecker Turkey Calls , makes and sales one of the best ..

Spitten and drummen

I have a cane creek cotton mouth that sure runs mighty fine. Also I have taken a few 2 piece strikers , put a drop of super glue on the tip , and put rain chalk on it. Works great and sounds pretty dang good.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

thundrchikin

X's 2 on the Cottonmouth striker...runs great on all friction surfaces...

perrytrails

Quote from: thundrchikin on April 12, 2020, 10:36:28 AM
X's 2 on the Cottonmouth striker...runs great on all friction surfaces...
X3 cotton mouth

MJW

Sir-diealot

I have a Sinclair and a pair of Yingling Fiber Rod strikers that I like quite a bit. I also have a Russel Beard 2 piece waterproof striker though I have not tried it yet.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Beards and Hooks

Al Hobert Enticer calls has a wooden striker with Aluminum on the end and that is my favorite wet weather striker, all his strikers are good and reasonable priced (they  are two piecers) especially like his with corncob handles as well.

bobk

Gooserbat All Weather Striker is a good one.

javincent

X4 on cane creek calls cottonmouth striker.

Sir-diealot

This is a video I did for somebody else last year on the Yingling waterproof striker. I did forget to agitate the call or it would sound even better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEcEN8JNCb0
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 12, 2020, 10:03:53 AM
If your in the market for New one .. Pecker Wrecker Turkey Calls , makes and sales one of the best ..
X2 ... this is one of the best ...

Caspar

My favorite is the Yingling fiber rod striker. It plays great wet or dry.