OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Oklahoma Rio dies during confrontation with ugly turkey hunters!

Started by Gooserbat, April 11, 2020, 09:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

This guy covered close to 500 yards in about 5 minutes and got shot at 35 yards.  Watched him trot across the field all the way.

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Sir-diealot

By the title I thought for sure it was a prophetic premonition of my trip to OK next Spring! Congratulations to you, nice looking bird. Were you in the Panhandle? Looks like a Merriam's
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Gooserbat

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 11, 2020, 09:51:29 PM
By the title I thought for sure it was a prophetic premonition of my trip to OK next Spring! Congratulations to you, nice looking bird. Were you in the Panhandle? Looks like a Merriam's

Nope I was in the central part of the state.  Some of our rios are more blonde.

Here's one I killed seven or eight years back.

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 11, 2020, 09:57:55 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 11, 2020, 09:51:29 PM

Nope I was in the central part of the state.  Some of our rios are more blonde.

Here's one I killed seven or eight years back.
Oh, okay, I did not know that. I know ya'll have Merriam's in the panhandle so when I saw the whitish look to him I thought maybe you had been up there. My trip my be off for next year now, guy that was supposed to guide me got in some trouble with the law.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Gooserbat

Call me sometime after season and I'll put you in contact with someone.
NWTF Booth 1623

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 11, 2020, 10:31:08 PM
Call me sometime after season and I'll put you in contact with someone.
Sounds good, thanks.

John Koenig:

Tom007

Greg Massey

tomstopper

Congrats on a beautiful gobbler

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

GobbleNut

Pretty gobbler, Sam.  Sure is light for a Rio, but that just goes to show how much variation can occur in the subspecies. 

dzsmith

Rio I killed last spring in Oklahoma was very light like that, and from my understanding most in the area I was in are too. Beautiful bird sam!!! love it when they come all the way like that!
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

timberjack86

eggshell

attached is a photo of me and my buddy in Oklahoma 2010 with my double and a bird he killed. It shows the variation of colors even in a small area.

SteelCityArcher

"I will not tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death."

Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.
No Guns. No peace. No safety.