OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Scored with the Lefever  (Read 1271 times)

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Scored with the Lefever
« on: April 11, 2020, 09:05:12 PM »

The Lefever scored. Just a big ole Jake but I am happy. Last night at 10:00 p.m. that gun was scattered all over the bench. Before season one of my main objectives was to kill a turkey with it. Gorgeous old working class gun with 92 years of metal fatigue. I had to build parts and tools to get it going.

Yes I fouled up. I called 2 big birds in from close to 200 yards. This jake was in tow. I knew they were coming. They went silent so I did too. When the first bird hit the clearing I had my range finder watching. I ranged them and decided to try to get them closer. The second bird was only slightly smaller than the first. They began weaving through the trees and J decided either one would be good. I lost track as they moved of which bird was which. I could see a big red head come out from the trees and fired. As soon as I did I saw the bird flop but there were 2 birds that took off to the left. Needless to say I got upset for 30 seconds then thought about what just happened. I called in the turkeys from a good way off. I killed it with the Lefever that was not out back together until 11:30 last night. I am happy and he will be delicious so I am un-mad and have a turkey.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 09:36:36 AM by reflexl »

Offline StruttinGobbler3

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Georgia
Re: Scored with the Lefever
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 12:42:45 AM »
Congratulations. Jake or not, sounds like it was a fun hunt, and that’s awesome to kill a bird using a gun with such history behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Offline ThunderChickenHunter21

Re: Scored with the Lefever
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 02:57:13 PM »
Congrats buddy!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard