OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sunday’s bird

Started by catman529, April 10, 2020, 10:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catman529

Took some screen grabs from the video I filmed of Sunday morning's bird. All I saw was his head and top 1/2 of his neck. He had over a dozen pellets in the head alone, I didn't count but I peppered him good. Joker jumped around, I thought he was gonna take off flying. Chicken with its head cut off I guess. Heck of a morning, will be a long time before I top that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

owlhoot

A swollen gobbler head and a hat full of morels. Don't get any better than that.
Good night what did you hit him with?

catman529

Quote from: owlhoot on April 10, 2020, 11:15:26 PM
A swollen gobbler head and a hat full of morels. Don't get any better than that.
Good night what did you hit him with?
Winchester double X #6 at like 15-20 yards maybe? My gun doesn't even pattern good at 40 yards. I just knew I had to aim a hair high so my whole pattern wouldn't hit the dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

owlhoot

Sure put a whoopin on him.
Keep them videos coming , really enjoy them.

Yoteduster

You sure put the hurt on him congrats on a nice bird

tomstopper

Nicely done. Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

JeffC

Great video,  saw a lot of leaves flying, thought you shot low! Congrats, good job respecting that property line. Really surprised it was that quiet after hearing all the hens the night before.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tom007

Wow, great bird congrats

devin4484

Great videos Catman!  Me and the boy love watching them together keep up the good work!!!!!

Mathews.1

Yep I agree with everyone else great job and keep posting them hunts.

Mtd69

congratulations enjoy watching your videos

greencop01

We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

3bailey3

Greg Massey

Brian Fahs

Nice. I enjoyed watching