OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: MS 4/8/20  (Read 1570 times)

Offline 3seasons

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
MS 4/8/20
« on: April 09, 2020, 12:22:18 AM »
I slip away from work a little early again in hopes of getting Maddy her first bird.  We get set up on a ridge where we had heard a couple the day before.  Jeremy and Maddy are sitting about 40yds in front of me. Just as daylight starts to appear we hear 3 different birds gobble and one is real close. The close bird actually flys down real close to us but it’s thick and we can’t see him and he goes quiet. The other two are gobbling good and go the other way.  Jeremy hits them with his snuff can call and the are quick to cut him off. A few min later they gobble closer. Now I’m trying to motion to Jeremy to get Maddy and make a quick move behind me where it’s a old log road and where I think they will come to. He never sees me and told me after it was all over that he didn’t want to move because there was another bird close. After they close the distance in half I couldn’t stand it i jumped up and made a quick move about 50yds back farther behind where I was sitting. I got next to a big pine and got ready. About 3 min later I’m looking at 2 longbeards looking for the bird they had heard. I had full intentions of letting them walk by me to get to her but when they didn’t see what they thought they should they got nervous and their heads changed colors and they tucked their wings and started to walk off. I felt bad but I wasn’t letting them walk off.
My second MS bird   I asked Maddy if she was mad at me and she said no sir happy!   We’re going back to try to get her one soon.
16.4lbs
10 5/8” beard. 11” if I untwist it
1” spurs

Offline harleytom

• The Boss Gobbler
    • Tinypic
Re: MS 4/8/20
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 09:39:13 AM »
Very nice bird! Congrats to you both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 09:48:15 AM »
Huge congrats. I am sure there is a bird with her name on it.

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 04:19:18 PM »
congrats you are on a roll!

Offline xarcher

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 08:52:44 PM »
Keep at it pal.  But leave your gun at home and let your daughter have a shot.   

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Offline 3seasons

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 01:35:56 AM »
Keep at it pal.  But leave your gun at home and let your daughter have a shot.

It's my buddys daughter, shes had a great year but just hasnt pulled the trigger yet. Its gonna happen.  I all but yelled at them to move but with the other bird so close they didnt want to chance spooking it and it messing up the whole hunt. 

Online paintbrush

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 06:41:33 AM »
Nice! Congrats!

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 05:28:07 PM »
Great hunt. What a fine soul in that young lady. Congratulations.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.